iOptron's new ultra compact EQ/AZ GoTo mount - introducing The SkyHunter!
Fifteen years after releasing the innovational CubeTM AZ/EQ GoTo mount, the SkyHunterTM takes the next step toward perfection. It is the lightest and most compact full function portable goto mount in iOptron's exceptional history. Weighing in at only 2.9 lbs (including internal rechargeable battery), the SkyHunter TM is capable of supporting an 11 lbs payload in both equatorial and alt-azimuth modes.
The SkyHunterTM mount features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres.
The SkyHunterTM mount can be controlled by a SkySafari 6 Plus or later on an iOS or Android smart phone/tablet, an optional 8410 hand controller, or a computer via ASCOM, INDI or embedded drive.
- Specialized Grab N’ Go GOTO EQ/AZ mount
- Mount weighs 2.9 lbs (1.3kg)
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, exclude CW)
- Dual-axis servomotors with optical encoders
- Tracking speed: solar, lunar, 1X, 1/2X, S/N
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Vixen dovetail saddle
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in WIFI adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron CommanderTM and Sky Safari control
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Optional Go2Nova® 8410 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology
- Counterweight Shaft: Φ20X200mm with 3/8” thread, stainless steel
- Counterweight: 3 lbs (1.35kg)
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Optional 1.25" Stainless steel tripod (#3221)
- Optional carbon fiber tripod
- Optional Pier-extension (#8041)
- One year limited warranty on mount, 90 day for battery