- The iOptron SkyGuider Pro allows you to take long-exposure Milky Way photos
- Highly portable for travel
- 11lb weight capacity
- DSLR Camera, Lens, Tripod, Ball-head, and Telescope Not Included
iOptron Skyguider Pro Camera Mount Full Package
The iOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount Package
This is a top-notch camera-tracker and camera-mount that boasts high portability and high effectiveness, perfect for the amateur astronomer getting started or those already in the hobby!
With an 11lb weight capacity, the SkyGuider Pro from iOptron is small enough to fit in your hand, precise enough to track any target reliably, virtually silent, and totally rechargeable. It has both an ST-4 guiding port and a camera trigger port and includes an inbuilt high precision polar scope with a finely engraved reticle and adjustable illumination. With the assistance of iOptron's iOS app, polar alignment becomes a quick, easy, efficient process.
The DEC mounting bracket of this camera mount makes it possible to balance a heavy camera with a hefty lens even better than prior models, and even grants this camera mount the potential to mount a light telescope. There is an optional 8404 hand controller that you can use to check the Pole Star position for polar alignment, slew the mount, adjust the guiding rate, change the mount settings, and even control the camera trigger, should you choose to invest in the compatible hand controller separately.
The SkyGuider Pro from iOptron features four tracking rates, 1x/ Sidereal, 1/2x for sky and landscape combined, solar, and lunar. These four tracking rates work anywhere in the world, in either hemisphere. The SkyGuider Pro also features a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse movement to help you quickly adjust or de-frame your image without disrupting the camera's position. It makes use of a high quality removable alt-azimuth base that features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude, and a built-in post for the azimuth control. The SkyGuider Pro can be mounted directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4 Inch or 3/8 Inch threads.
**Tripod Not Included**
OPT Product Number: IO-3550
- All metal mechanical structure
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-az base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron AccuAlignTM dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Adjustable polar scope illumination
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Built-in shutter triggering port
- Padded carry bag included
- DEC mounting bracket
- Counterweight and CW shaft
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
- Optional ball heads available separately (#3305A)
- Optional tripod (#3221)
- Optional Go2Nova® 8408 hand controller (#8408)
- Optional DSLR camera shutter trigger cable
- SkyGuider Pro camera mount
- Alt-Az base (installed)
- AccuAlignTM dark field illuminated polar scope (installed)
- Micro USB charging cable
- Padded carry bag
- DEC mounting bracket w/ camera mounting disk
- 1.35kg counterweight
- CW shaft
- One Year Limited Warranty (90-day on battery)
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||11 lbs|
The skyguider pro is ok,
The skyguider pro is ok, but there are some design challenges with it. The screws in the Dec bracket hit the locking screws, forcing you to do some reconfiguring in the dark when changing Dec. Also, when using a small telescope it is impossible to balance. You can make it work, but it can be frustrating
It works as advertised. I got 5 minute exposure with no star trails using a canon 450d and a rokinon 14mm f2.8 lense
iOptron Skyguider Pro
The SGP is the acknowledged best of the camera guiders, and having used it for a couple of weeks, I agree. I considered less expensive options, but am glad that I went with SGP. It’s sturdily constructed but light weight. Does Sidereal tracking, Lunar, Solar and 1/2 Sidereal (for nightscapes with scenery. It’s been 100% accurate. It’s easy to set up, to polar align (has a built in polar scope, but, taking the advice of users on Cloudy Nights, just getting close to polar alignment is fine. Can’t think of anything I don’t like, and OPT was absolutely (as always) the best at getting it to me well packaged and quickly and no charge for shipping. All good!!!
Great service, fast shipping
Perfect. Spoke with support, confirming item was in stock, and discussed shipping option. Ordered on-line, item shipped same day, arrived two days later.
iOptron Skyguider Pro
When Polaris is located accurately the SkyGuider Pro works like a charm. Other than the controls for adjusting the azimuth being a little difficult, I am happy with it.