Introducing the HEM15, the latest addition to iOptron’s revolutionary hybrid strain wave drive mounts. This light weight tiny titans will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. With a mount head weighing 5.5lbs, it can carry a 15 lbs payload without needing a counterweight. Applying iOptron’s multi decade experience creating precision mounts, the HEM15 brings this vision to reality.
Utilizing state of the art strain wave drive technology for the RA movement in tandem with backlash-free DEC worm/belt drive design, the HEM15 delivers unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
A HEM15 mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
- Advanced strain wave gear technology
- Payload capacity of 7 kg (15.4 lbs) with the mount weight of 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
- CNC machined
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- 360 second gear period
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
- No moving, no wrapping cable system
- Vixen dovetail saddle
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi(via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Soft carrying case
- Two year warranty