Two exciting new Alt-Az strain wave mounts, HAZ31 and HAZ46, are added into iOptron strain wave gear mount family!
This light weight, compact, medium payload HAZ46 mount will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. With a mount head weighing in at 12.3 lbs, HAZ46 has a payload capability 44 lbs, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. HAZ mounts will support a large variety of instruments that flexibility is needed for outreach programs and satellite tracking. The multi position saddle (can be placed on top or to the side) uniquely sets up the HAZ46 to accommodate binoculars. Just turn the mount on, it will calibrate itself and GoTo the first target utilizing our time tested "Lever and Go" technology.
Utilizing state of the art strain wave gear technology for the both RA and DEC movement, the HAZ46 deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
A HAZ46 mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
- Advanced strain wave gear system technology
- Payload capacity of 20 kg (44 lbs) with the mount weight of 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
- CNC machined
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
- Go2Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
- Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
- Level & Go
- Large binocular mounting
- Satellite tracking ready (with third party software)
- Built in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Carrying case
- Two year warranty