The CEM70 with iPolar
Following up on the success of the iOptron CEM60 center balanced equatorial mount, iOptron is excited to bring you improved medium payload center balanced mounts. The CEM70 and revolutionary CEM70G are standard-bearers for equatorial mounts in the 70-pound payload segment. Both models are packed with advanced features however the CEM70G is the first of its type with an onboard optical guiding system increasing tracking accuracy while streamlining the components resulting in a more portable imaging setup.
The center balanced design
Retaining the inherent properties of the center balance design, these relatively compact medium payload mounts deliver what astronomers expect in an efficient accurate portable mount. With precise GOTO pointing and accurate tracking (PE <±3.5 arcsec) the CEM70 is a solid performer for observers and imagers alike.
iPolar electronic polar scope
Innovative operational features such as the internal iPolar electronic polar scope, easy lock drive gear engagement (levers large enough to use with gloves), an advanced cable management system for the mount, iPolar, guider, and camera, and cumulatively assure users the CEM70 and CEM70G designed with their needs in mind. - On top of the built-in guiding system the CEM70G also comes standard with WiFi and USB 3.0. (For this choice see item #IO-CEM70G.)
The CEM70 and the CEM70G are economically priced, including the iPolar electronic polar scope and a hard case.
Technical Features of both the CEM70 and CEM70G:
- Mount Type: CEM (Center balanced equatorial Mount).
- Payload (excl. CW): 31.8 kg?70 lbs).
- Mount Weight: 13.6 kg (30 lbs).
- Payload/Mount Weight: 2.33.
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 0?65°.
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: ±4°.
- Tracking Accuracy (PE): < ±3.5 arcsec.
- Period: 348 sec.
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 248 teeth, M=0.6, Ø151 mm.
- Declination Worm Wheel: 248 teeth, M=0.6, Ø151 mm.
- Worm: Ø21.2 mm.
- Right Ascension Axle: Ø55 mm steel.
- Declination Axle: Ø55 mm.
- Right Ascension Bearings: Ø80 mm.
- Declination Bearings: Ø80 mm,
- Counterweight Shaft: Ø28 x 415 mm (SS, 1.9 kg).
- Counterweight: 9.5 kg x 1.
- Mounting Base Diameter: Ø152 mm.
- Motor: 1.8° stepper motor w/128 micor-step.
- Resolution: 0.07 arcsec.
- Transmission: Synchronous belt.
- Hand Controller: Go2Nova 8407+; 8 line 21 character LCD.
- Power: DC 12V, 5A.
- Power Consumption: 0.6A (tracking), 0.8A (GOTO).
- Polar Scope: Internal electronic polar scope, iPolar.
- Meridian treatment: Stop (0-10° pass), flip.
- Zero position: Automatic zero search.
- Park position: horizontal, vertical, current, alt/az input.
- Dovetail saddle: 8-inch L-style D, and V-style.
- Level Indicator: YES.
- Slew speed: 3.75°/sec (900x) max.
- PEC: Permanent PEC.
- Guiding Port: ST-4.
- GPS: YES.
- Operation temperature range: -20°C ~ +45°C.
- Hard case: YES.
- Pier/Tripod: Optional LiteRoc tripod or pier. (Tripod/pier not included, but the LiteRoc 1.75 tripod #IO-8023ACC is a good match.)
Mount Features Comparison:
- Communication Port: USB2.0.
- Cable Management: 1X USB input for mount, iPolar, and accessories.
- Guiding scope/camera: No.
- Communication Port: USB3.0, Wifi.
- Cable Management: 2xDC12V (3A), 3xUSB3.0, 1xDC in/2xDC out, iPort.
- Guiding scope/camera: Built-in guiding scope and camera, iGuider.
Multi box product: box 1 (head); box 2 (9.5 kg counterweight).