This iOptron CEM40 includes iPolar (polar alignment scope), a 1.75-inch LiteRoc tripod, built-in iGuider guiding camera, hard carry case, and a counterweight.
The CEM40G mount is the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts. This mount is eye-pleasing and its functionality is superb. Weighing in at only 17.4-pounds, this mount can support a payload of up to 40-pounds! That's incredible!
There is an integrated electronic polar finder scope included, known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of your telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system which make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology: The CEM40G mount uses iOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates both Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. This mount also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper-motor drive-system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features: The iOptron CEM40 mount uses the Go2Nova 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database. For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
With the included tripod, 11-pound counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
iOptron SKU: C402AG3
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40-pounds (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 17.4-pounds (7.9 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
Go2Nova 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- Vixen, Losmandy dual saddle
- Optional WiFi for mount control via a SmartPhone, Tablet, or Computer