The iOptron CEM40 and iPolar in Case with 1.5-Inch Tripod:
- CEM40: Center-balanced equatorial mount.
- iPolar: Integrated electronic polar finder.
- Case: Fitted hard case.
- Tripod: 1.5-inch diameter steel legs with spreader-accessory tray.
The iOptron CEM40 mount is the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts. This mount is incredibly eye-pleasing, and its beauty is found in more than its appearance. The functionality of the mount is superb. Weighing in at only 15.8-pounds, this mount can support a payload of up to 40-pounds! That is incredible!
This mount also has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40 mount uses iOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40 also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features
The iOptron CEM40 mount uses the Go2Nova 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must-have tool.
With the included tripod, 10-pound counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
iOptron SKU: C402A1
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40-pounds (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8-pounds (7.2 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- Standard 1.5 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5 kg)
- Hard case
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer