The IDAS Nebula Booster Filter for ASI:
This is the filter size dedicated to ZWO cameras. So it is called "Z Series". For ASI M42 interface cameras (APS-C or smaller sensors except 2600MC).
The filter thickness is 1.1 mm. Adding this filter makes camera's flange back 17.14 mm +/- 0.5 mm.
IDAS NB Filters are designed to enhance the contrast of emission nebula, yet accommodate the filter spectral shift* when used with modern fast optical systems.
- Ideal flat-top and moderate bandpass
- Excellent in-band transmission
- Extremely steep bandpass edges minimize internal reflections
- Near IR (NIR) is blocked up to 1100 nm
- IDAS-proprietary IGAD/MBT/UFO quality
Image above shows the measured response spectrum of the NB1 filter. Filter bandpass plot.
||Triple - Hβ+OIII, Hα
All interference filters are subject to a bandpass spectral shift which depends on the angle of incidence of the incoming light. IDAS NB filters are designed to accommodate the spectral shift of modern fast optical systems.
When placed in front of an optical system, the spectral shift is determined by the focal length of the optics and the size of the imaging sensor. For an APS-C sensor, up to a 50 mm focal length can be accommodated. For a full-frame sized sensor, up to an 80 mm focal length can be used.
For filters placed between the optical system and imaging sensor, the situation is more complex. IDAS NB filters are designed with modern fast optics in mind and can accommodate an angle of incidence of up to 14°.
* In-camera IR blocker works as the base filter.
- 1.1 mm thickness.
- The required t-thread male length : 3.9 mm to 4.3 mm.
- Fully made in Japan.
- Fits ASI M42-interface cameras (APS-C or smaller sensor except 2600MCPro).
- The set includes 2 spacer rings for the proper spacing adjustment.