Hubble Optics Hubble 5-Star Artificial Star
Hubble 5-star Artificial Star(s)
An artificial star will provide you an excellent alternative mean to do the star test anytime and anywhere you want, without all the drawbacks of the real stars. However, the problem with the artificial star is that you really need different size of artificial stars for different telescopes of different apertures with different F/#, and even for the same telescopes but at different distances, and under different lighting environment.
The innovative Hubble 5-star Artificial Star(s) is a perfect solution to this problem. It has 5 bright white LEDs with 5 precision pinholes (50/100/150/200/250 microns). It will enable you to test practically all the telescopes of different apertures with different F/#, from any reasonable distances needed, and under different lighting environment.
We are not suggesting that you should stop using any other methods or any collimating tools you feel comfortable with. You can continue your current practice, but after that always use the star test to validate or confirm your scope is indeed in perfect collimation; no other method (except the star test) can guarantee a perfect collimation. If your scope is still not in a perfect collimation after your current practice, you need to use the star test to fine-tune the collimation to its perfection. However, if you do not have any other collimating tool yet, then a star test with Hubble 5-star Artificial Star(s) alone will enable you to reach a perfect collimation with your telescopes.
Hubble 5-star Artificial Star(s) Advantages
- You can instantly find out which star is best for your particular telescope at that particular distance under that particular lighting environment by simply choosing the smallest possible star, but which still give you clear defocused image.
- You can even adjust the brightness of the stars by twisting the LED cap.
- You can mask out any 4 of the 5 stars with a provided magnetic mask.
- Please make sure the cleanness of the mask, and use it only when needed to prevent the blockage of the pinholes.
- The unit should be kept in a clean Ziploc bag when not used; separated from the magnetic mask.
- It is powered by 3 AAA batteries (Not Included).
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
How and where may I buy a replacement magnetic mask for the Hubble Artificial Star?
Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not ship replacement parts for the artificial star. If the magnetic mask is damaged or misplaced, a new unit would be needed to replace the entire product.