The Explore Scientific 80mm Refractor's light-weight portability gives you the freedom to observe or image the night sky from various locations! It is a true-element apochromatic telescope capable of producing research-level image quality. Use it as a grab-and-go telescope, or add a field-flattener to make this a great wide-field astrophotography optical tube.
See the moon’s crevasses up close with its genuine apochromatic lens. Your telescope was designed to capture light to its true color with its HOYA FCD1 ED glass giving you spectacular viewing.
Explore Scientific ED80 f/6 Essential Series Triplet Refractor Features
- It comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- True APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter, and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- 80 mm models come with heavy-duty 2-inch dual-speed focusers.
- The included 2-inch diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.