- Aperture: 102mm (4")
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Focal Length: 714mm
- Apochromatic triplet that is completely free of chromatic aberration
Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Essential Series APO Triplet Refractor - No Case
From our Moon's chiseled craters to Jupiter's orderly cloud belts to the blue-white stars of the Orion Nebula popping against the complex misty cloud they call home, Explore Scientific's 102mm Apochromatic Refractor can open up a treasure trove of night sky treats.
A nice compromise between portability and aperture, this versatile high-end telescope offers true diffraction-limited optics and has an objective lens size that performs well in lunar, planetary and deep sky viewing situations.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
- The Explore ED102 telescope comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- 102mm models come with heavy-duty 2" dual-speed focusers.
- The included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
|Aperture||102 mm (4")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||1.14 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||714 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||212x|
|Tube Weight||9.6 lbs|
- ES 102mm Essential Series Apo Triplet Refractor OTA
- Heavy Duty 2" Dual Speed Focusers
- 2" Diagonal
- Vixen Style Dovetail
Telescope Number 4 from OPT ... Great products. Great People.
This ED102 APO gives me photos that looks like they were captured using an 8 inch aperture instead of a 4 inch. Very happy with it. This is my fourth telescope from OPT and every one of them has been great. But its the people and the service and technical expertise that sets them apart from other sources. William Apple
Did not received item
I ordered and i paid for usps delivery. They changed without my consent to ups and package got stolen from fromt door. I explict used usps because they wont leave the package outside.