The QUARK from DayStar filters marries a high-tech telecentric 4.2x Barlow lens with an exceptionally high-quality DayStar h-alpha filter. Combining the Barlow, filter, adapters and snouts into one highly compact and innovative design. This all-in-one design is simply dropped into a diagonal, add an eyepiece and you're ready to observe! Compatible with refractors with focal ratios between f/4 and f/8 and best used with eyepieces with focal lengths between 25mm and 40mm, the QUARK will allow most refractor owners to view the sun without any additional equipment purchases.
Because the exact filter bandpass will vary depending on the refractor it is paired with, the QUARK has been configured into two models. By offering the QUARK at a very reasonable price, Daystar has made your solar observing goals obtainable! By choosing the chromosphere model, the QUARK will highlight solar surface detail specifically. If it's solar flares and prominences you're after, the Prominence model is the one for you. Want it all? Get both!
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter
- 21mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with f/4 - f/8 refractors
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
- Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application
- 5-year warranty.