Coronado PST Complete Solar Observing Package
About these products...
The Coronado PST (Personal Solar Telescope) safely allows you to view the Sun. This telescope provides an easy and portable set up that is always ready right out of the box. It incorporates state-of-the-art patented technology to provide superb views of both Solar surface detail and prominences. The Coronado PST is created with the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope, but with a few unique design characteristics that allow you to use any 1.25" eyepiece.
Considering every telescope requires the use of a dependable mount and tripod, the Coronado AZS was carefully added to this bundle.The gold plated and black accented tripod is made of high-quality stainless steel, providing optimal stability in rugged conditions while maintaining a sleek appearance. The mount is equipped with dual slow motion control cables with knobs on both axes for fine movements, as well as a panhandle design for coarse movements, providing you with diverse set-up options.
These Plossl eyepieces are a great value for the amateur astronomer. Each 4-element eyepiece is fully multi-coated for maximum contrast and has blackened lens edges to minimize internal reflections, significantly enhancing your image.The TPO 15 mm Plossl Eyepiece is ideal for precisely centering the sun in the field of view, allowing for a longer viewing time. Additionally, the TPO 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece is right in the optimum ballpark for high solar magnification, excellent for viewing surface details and prominences.
Meade Eclipseview Binoculars offer an alternative method for safe solar viewing using white light filters. These binoculars provide 10x Magnification with a 50 mm aperture level on each ocular, with a field of view of 100 m at 1000 m (5.8 degrees), and 12 mm of eye relief. This means that not only are they high quality in terms of the view they provide, they are comfortable when in use- a must for any kind of extended observation. They are also tripod mountable, and include a strap for easy carrying!
Note: Do not remove the attached solar filters from these binoculars, as doing so will render them no longer Solar Safe. If you do remove the filters, reattach them securely and completely before turning these binoculars towards the sun. Safety is an important thing to keep in mind in solar observation, so please be careful when using any solar implement.
- Coronado PST 40 mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope delivers state-of-the-art technology for safe and exceptional solar imaging.
- Coronado AZS mount provides optimal stability for vibration reduction
- Achieve high solar magnification with the TPO 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece, ideal for viewing clear solar surface details, and prominences.
- Obtain precise centering and additional space within the field of view with the TPO 15 mm Plossl Eyepiece, maximizing your solar viewing time.
- Great for observers on the move, the Meade Eclipseview 10x50 Solar Binoculars use white light filters for comfortable and safe solar observation.
- Coronado PST 40 mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope
- Coronado AZS Mount and Tripod
- TPO 15 mm Plossl Eyepiece- 1.25"
- TPO 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece- 1.25"
- MEADE Eclipseview 10x50 Solar Binoculars
- Binoculars' Convenient Carrying Strap
|Aperture||40 mm (1.5")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||1.25" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||2.9 arcseconds|
|Field of View||52 Degrees|
|Focal Length||15 mm|
|Focal Length||400 mm|
|Focal Length||9 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||7 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||33x|
|Telescope Connection||1/4 20|
|Tube Weight||3.2 lbs|