This manual Ultima Series Tripod is an excellent choice for those seeking a lightweight yet stable platform for a small telescope, binocular, or camera. The panhandle makes movement easy to follow and the Tilt Head allows you to safely flip your camera view by 90-degrees.
The Ultima Tripod has three leg sections and an adjustable center column, it can be set in multiple configurations to get the exact height or stance needed for your terrain and conditions. Use the panning handle and tension knob to scan across the horizon in smooth motions and follow your subject as it moves. The Ultima is the perfect tripod for any outdoor excursion from bird watching to stargazing and everything in between.
Quick-Release Mounting Plate
Attach a wide range of optical and photographic equipment to your Ultima tripod in seconds with the quick-release mounting plate. This broad, square platform with protective padding is ideal for attaching binocular adapters, spotting scope mounting feet, camera gear, and more.
To up your viewing game, the platform also tilts up to 90° with a lock knob to secure it in place at any angle. For peace of mind, the quick-release plate has a safety mechanism that prevents it from sliding completely out of the pan head without pushing the release button.
Telescoping Center Column The center column of the Ultima tripod can be extended to raise the tripod head when additional height is needed. To adjust the center column, twist the lock-knob and move the center column to the desired height. The maximum height when the tripod is fully extended is just under 67.7-inches.
At the bottom of the center column, there is a retractable balance hook. This simple device can make all the difference in the stability of your tripod, especially on windy days. Just hang something heavy from the hook like a backpack and you’ll be amazed at the difference. When the hook is not needed, it retracts up into the center column to stay neatly out of the way.
Protective Carrying Case
Take your tripod anywhere in its soft woven case with comfortable shoulder strap. When not in use, the case is the perfect place to store your tripod.
- A stable-yet-lightweight, versatile, and easy-to-use tripod perfect for just about any application
- Smoothly pan the horizon or tilt the viewing angle up and down with two directional adjustments—even flip your optic sideways
- Customize the configuration of your tripod to fit any viewing conditions: three leg sections allow the tripod to work with virtually any user or terrain
- Extendable center column provides even more height when needed
- Quick-release mounting plate allows you to attach your optic to the tripod in seconds and switch between optics with ease
- Includes a specially designed, protective carrying case for storage and transport