The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) V2 is a cost-effective optical system for space surveillance, Space Situational Awareness (SSA), other scientific applications, and advanced wide-field astroimaging. It offers unprecedented value in aperture, speed, field of view, and optical performance. The RASA design has a convenient external prime-focus image capture location with a flat focal plane, providing small spot sizes to the edge of a wide field. Images are free of optical defects like field curvature, off-axis coma, and astigmatism.
The 36 cm aperture version is the largest RASA Celestron manufactures; it is the biggest and fastest (f/2.2) optical instrument of its kind available “off-the-shelf.” Unlike most telescopes, which only focus visible light (400-700 nm), the RASA 36 cm focuses an extended spectral range (400-900 nm), allowing a brighter signal to be detected by a camera sensor.
RASA 36 V2 features the new Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS). At the heart of this system is a precision linear ball bearing. The bearing minimizes focus shift (unwanted lateral movement of the primary mirror during focusing, which causes shifting of the image) and mirror flop (movement of the primary mirror when the telescope is pointing to different positions in the sky). The USFS is compatible with the optional Celestron Focus Motor (#94155-A). The integrated 12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal airflow through the dust-filtered optical tube. RASA 36 cm’s ample back-focus distance (77.5 mm) accommodates a wide variety of imaging sensors. You may add a custom camera adapter for a field of view up to 4.4 degrees.
- Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings, consisting of high-transmission multi-coatings for lenses and high-reflectivity aluminum coatings, ensure good light throughput for the optical system.
- Integrated cooling fan helps optics cool down to ambient temperature and pulls air through vents with micromesh to prevent dust ingress.
- Dual dovetail bars offer flexibility to mount the optical tube and conveniently attach additional accessories. Accommodates “CGE/Losmandy” style dovetails.
- Two sets of 2x threaded insert holes in the rear cell provide additional mounting options
- Move and mount your optical tube with ease with carrying handles on the rear cell.
- Although not normally needed, there are 3x sets of push-pull screws to adjust the lens group to achieve optical alignment for the entire system.
- Includes M48 camera adapter