Celestron PowerSeeker 50 AZ Telescope
- 50 mm (1.97-inch) Achromatic Refractor Telescope!
- Quick Tool-free Set-up
- Variety of Eyepieces
- 3X Magnification Barlow lens
- CD Planetarium Software: TheSky and First Light
- 2 Year Warranty!
Celestron PowerSeeker 50 AZ Telescope
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 50 mm (1.97")
- Focal Length: 600 mm (24")
- Focal Ratio: 12
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 30x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 12 mm (0.47")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 3: 4 mm (0.16")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 3: 150x
- Finderscope: 5x24
- Star Diagonal: 0.96" Erect Image Diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification: 118x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 7.14x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 2.79 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 2.32 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 51x
- Optical Tube Length: 610 mm (24”)
- Barlow Lens: 3x
- Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Software: Starry Night Basic Edition, SkyPortal App
The PowerSeeker 50 AZ Telescope by Celestron is a 50 mm (1.97-inch) aperture achromatic refractor telescope with an Alt-Azimuth mount.
Celestron PowerSeeker telescopes are a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron's PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for families looking for an affordable and high-quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for children and adults alike.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up, even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly! Their sturdy equatorial mounts are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and the collapsible alt-azimuth mounts are perfectly suited for terrestrial viewing as well as astronomical use.
All of Celestron's PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye! PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity. Their Erect Image Optics are ideal for both terrestrial and astronomical use. What's more, you can locate and identify thousands of celestial objects on your laptop or PC with 'The Sky' Level 1 software included FREE with every PowerSeeker model!
Celestron PowerSeeker 50 AZ Refractor Telescope Features
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- The Sky - Level 1 planetarium software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images
OPT Product Number: CE-21039
|Aperture||50 mm (2")|
|Focal Length||600 mm|
|Focuser Style||Rack & Pinion|
|Manual or Electronic Focusing||Manual|
|Mount Type||Alt Azimuth/ Manual|
|OTA Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle|
|Telescope Series||Celestron Powerseeker|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's PowerSeeker 50 AZ Refractor Telescope OTA
- PowerSeeker Alt-Azimuth Mount
- PowerSeeker Tripod: Collapsible/ Aluminum Legs
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece #1: 20 mm, 30x mag.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece #2: 12 mm, 50x mag.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece #3: 4 mm, 150x mag.
- 1.25-inch Barlow Lens: 3X Magnification
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- Finderscope: 5 x 24, Optical
- 2 Year Warranty
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How to use this?is it watch night sky?
Yes, this telescope is designed for a beginner to be able to view brighter objects in the night sky, though its size makes it useful for daytime nature viewing also.