- 150 mm (5.905 Inch) Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount
- Finderscope and Eyepiece Included
- 2 Inch focuser with a T adapter
- Fast-and-easy Set-up
Celestron Omni XLT 150 Telescope - Reflector
At the heart of the Celestron Omni 150 XLT, is a high-quality Newtonian Reflector style telescope. Using aspheric shaping technology in conjunction with hand-figuring the lens for absolutely the best optics available. We're talking about a 6 Inch aperture with a limiting stellar magnitude of 13.4 and 0.76 arcseconds of resolving power. Couple that with a 750 mm focal length, a focal ratio of f/5, and Celestron's StarBright XLT optical coating system, and this scope presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. With superior optics and a stable platform, the Celestron Omni XLT series is a great choice for astrophotography. Use the optional dual-axis motor drive (#CE-93522) and polar axis finder (#CE-94221) to track objects for long exposure photography. This handsome scope comes backed with a two year Celestron warranty and will endure as long as your fascination with the Cosmos!
Celestron Omni XLT 150 - 6 Inch Newtonian Reflector Telescope on CG-4 Equatorial Mount features
- Each lens and/or mirror used in Omni XLT optical systems is hand-selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used.
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission.
- Every Omni XLT includes a 25 mm, 30x magnification, multi-coated eyepiece, with 20 mm of eye relief, and a 50 deg. field-of-view.
- Comes with a 2 Inch rack and pinion focuser with a built-in T adapter.
- The Celestron CG-4 German Equatorial Mount sports setting circles and slow motion controls to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Ball bearings in both axes of the mount equals smooth performance
- The heavy-duty pre-assembled stainless steel tripod features 1.75 Inch legs, accessory tray, and bubble level for easy, "no tool" set up.
- Comes with The Sky- Level 1, planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-31057
- Omni XLT 150 mm Newtonian Reflector OTA
- Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount/ manual
- Sturdy Tripod, with 1.75 Inch Adjustable stainless steel legs
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- 2 Inch Focuser with T adapter
- 20 mm of eye relief, and a 50 deg. field-of-view
- 6x30 Optical Finderscope
- Counter Weight 1: 7 pounds/ locking
- Counter Weight 2: 4 pounds/ locking
- Bubble Level
- Planetarium Software: TheSky -Level 1, on CD ROM
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Ok, looking to buy the Omni xlt 120 or the omni xlt 150. I want a good crisp clear view of planets, galaxies and nebulas. Anybody help me with my decision? One more thing, the xlt 150 is lil cheaper with the bigger lense, why? I thought bigger was better!
Glad you're enjoying it! The reason that the 150 is cheaper than the 120 is that reflectors require less labor to make than refractors making them cheaper per inch of aperture. As for which I think would be better in your case, I would go with the 1
Can you tell me what the physical and optical thicknesses are for this filter?
According to Hutech, the physical thickness of the metal filter cell is 5mm not including the male threads and the glass thickness is 2.5mm.
The specs have... Telescope Aperture 5.1" Telescope Focal Ratio f/5 Telescope Focal Length 750mm This isn't correct, right? The aperture is 150mm (5.9")
You are correct. The website has now been updated with the correct values.
Will this accept 2" eyepieces?
Yesm, the newer version of this telescope includes a 2" focuser. The older version up to 2014 only had a 1.25" focuser.
I have an xl200gps and I would like to control my scope from inside my house when it is outside using the WIFI module along with using a webcam to see what the scope is pointed at. And will it accept the present Meade auto star suite program that I hav
There are a couple complications with what you are proposing. While the SkyFi will allow WiFi scope control, it will only do so using the Sky Safari App or program - not Autostar Suite. Also, you would have to have the camera hard wired as there are not
I've seen a variety of conflicting information about the focuser that comes with this scope, anything from a 1.25" rack and pinion to a 2" Crayford. In your specs it says 2" rack and pinion. In the answer to one of the previous questions it says 1.25" rac
The older version (up to 2014) has a 1.25" Rack and Pinion focuser, while the current model now comes standard with a 2" Rack and Pinion focuser with a 1.25" adapter.