Celestron Omni XLT 150 Telescope - Reflector
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron Omni XLT 150 Telescope - Reflector
The Celestron Omni 150 XLT is a high-quality Newtonian Reflector style telescope. Using aspheric shaping technology in conjunction with hand-figuring the lens for absolutely the best optics available. This scope presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. With superior optics and a stable platform, the Celestron Omni XLT series is a great choice for astrophotography.
Celestron Omni XLT 150 Telescope Features
- Each lens and/or mirror used in Omni XLT optical systems is hand-selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used.
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission.
- Every Omni XLT includes a 25 mm, 30x magnification, multi-coated eyepiece, with 20 mm of eye relief, and a 50-degree field-of-view.
- It comes with a 2-inch rack and pinion focuser with a built-in T-adapter.
- The Celestron CG-4 German Equatorial Mount sports setting circles and slow-motion controls to accurately locate and track sky objects.
- Ball bearings in both axes of the mount equals smooth performance.
- The heavy-duty pre-assembled stainless steel tripod features 1.75-inch legs, accessory tray, and bubble level for easy, "no tool" set up.
- Comes with The Sky- Level 1, planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 25 mm (0.98 inches).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 30x.
- Finderscope 6x30.
- Tripod Leg Diameter 1.75 inches Stainless.
- Lowest Useful Magnification 21x.
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 0.93 arc seconds.
- Resolution (Dawes) 0.77 arc seconds.
- Apparent Field of View 1.67°.
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) 88 feet (27 m).
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length 26.5 inches (673mm).
- Optical Tube Weight 12 lb (5.44 kg).
- Tripod Weight 12.5 lb (5.67 kg).
- Weight of Counterweights 7 lb (3.2 kg) and 4 lb (1.8 kg).
- Software Starry Night Special Edition.
Celestron Product Number: 31057
|Aperture||150 mm (6")|
|Focal Length||750 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||459x|
|Mount Head Weight||19lbs|
|OTA Mount Type||CG 4 Dovetail Bar|
|OTA Weight||12 lbs.|
|Telescope Series||Celestron Omni XLT|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Omni XLT 150 mm Newtonian Reflector OTA.
- Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount/ manual.
- Sturdy Tripod, with 1.75-inch Adjustable stainless steel legs.
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader.
- 2-inch Focuser with T-adapter.
- 20 mm of eye relief, and a 50 deg. field-of-view.
- 6x30 Optical Finderscope.
- Counter Weight 1: 7 lb/ locking.
- Counter Weight 2: 4 lb/ locking.
- Bubble Level.
- Planetarium Software: TheSky -Level 1, on CD ROM.
- 2 Year Warranty.
- Epsilon Lyra
After aligning the mirror,this scope performed great. I had it out the night I received it,and even tho it was not a good night,I observed M13.Epsilon Lyra,and Jupiter. Jupiter was too low,and over houses,but in moments of better seeing,there was good detail. The scope star-tested very good. The mount is heavy,and works well,and is easy to use. I highly recommend this scope. It is a very good value.
I've used my Omni 150 for about 3 years. It's a sturdy well build product with good optics. I only wish I had the extra budget at the time of purchase to find a motorized goto mount.
We researched telescopes very thoroughly before settling on the XLT 150, and couldn't be more pleased. It offers an outstanding value in the market right now, balancing light grasp, very high quality optics, versatility and ease of use in an affordable and still-portable package. The build quality and attention to detail is quite high, and it offers enough expandability to satisfy growing interests for many years. While no one scope can literally do it all, the XLT 150 comes as close as is reasonably possible. This is a scope that a beginner can use and grow into for many, many years, and is suitable for all ages pre-teen to adult. Younger children will need adult supervision, as with virtually all scopes in this performance class in our opinion. OPT has been outstanding with their level of service and expertise as well. We have been very pleased with our purchase experience. Disclaimer: We have no relationship with either Celestron or OPT other than being very satisfied customers. Clear skies!
BIG BANG for the buck. Great low price at a profesional level telescope with high quality opticals and equipment mechanism. Very durable and very stable flatform. A good first telescope that you will not outgrow anytime soon.