- Omni CG-4 Telescope Mount
- German Equatorial mount design
- Designed for the Omni XLT Series Telescopes
- Counterweights and Accessory Tray included
- Tripod has Sturdy 1.75-Inch Steel Legs
Celestron Omni CG4 Equatorial Mount and Tripod
Celestron Omni CG4 Equatorial Mount and TripodThe Celestron Omni CG4 Mount is a high-quality German Equatorial mount that is normally supplied with all Celestron Omni XLT Series telescopes but is now being offered a la carte.
Includes RA and DEC slow-motion controls and setting circles as well as a high-quality tripod with adjustable height and 1.75-inch tubular steel legs. Tripod includes a center brace/ accessory tray with a bubble level, as well as two locking counterweights of 7 pounds and 4 pounds.
Celestron Omni CG4 Equatorial Mount and Tripod Features
- German Equatorial mount and tripod as supplied with all Omni XLT Series telescopes
- Includes RA and DEC slow motion controls and setting circles
- Tripod has adjustable height 1.75-inch steel leg tripod with center brace/accessory tray
- Two locking counterweights - 7-pound and 4-pound
OPT Product Number: CE-91509
- Celestron Omni CG4 Equatorial Mount
- RA and DEC slow-motion Controls and setting circles
- Omni CG4 Tripod with 1.75 Inch Adjustable Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader with bubble level
- Counterweight #1: 7 pounds/ locking
- Counterweight #2: 4 pounds/ locking
- Celestron's 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Would this work with my 4.5 Star Blaster EQ Reflector The EQ1 it came with is more useful as a fishing weight Yes in near future I plan on upgrading my scope
Good choice :) I actually own this mount for my Celestron 8" SCT optical tube and have found it a very sturdy mount for a grab & go setup. There is one plate that you will need to mount this onto the CG-4 & that is the Losmandy V-Series Short Universal
Would this scope design be decent for visual use as well?
If you are looking for a dual-purpose (photo/visual) telescope, the EdgeHD series from Celestron will be a much better fit. EdgeHD telescope are designed for both visual-observing and astro-imaging, through the visual-back at the rear of the telescope. Ad
will a 8" celestron sc telescope with a cg-5 mount fit your omni cg-4 mount, or do i need to purchase an adapter?
Hello Royg, If the optical tube fits on the CG-5, then it will indeed fit the Omni CG-4 mount because the dovetail saddles on both the CG-4 & CG-5 are the same so you will be fine there.
Does the CG-4 mount come with a polar scope?
No, the polar scope is not included. The Omni/CG-4 mount needs the CE-94223 polar scope specifically for that mount.
I intend to use this mount with a Explore Scientific DAR127 telescope. Will I need to order a different dovetail plate or will the one supplied witht this mount work with the ES-DAR127's mount? Thank you.
Hello John, The dovetail plate that is supplied with the telescope is a V-Series dovetail plate. The saddle on the CG-4 is a V-Series saddle so the telescope will indeed fit on this mount with the dovetail plate supplied.
Weight capacity of 20 lbs, does that include the V-series dovetail and tube rings, the telescope tube, the finder scope, diagonal mirror, and the eyepiece? Or just the weight of the telescope tube?
Celestron CG-4 German Equatorial Mount and Tripod: The weight capacity of the CG-4 EQ Mount is 20lbs. and that includes anything attaching to the mount, including dovetail.
Will an Orion Dual Axis TrueTrack Telescope Drive work with this tripod?
Unfortunately, it will not . the only motor drive that is compatible with this mount is the Celestron Dual Axis motor Drive for the CG-4. You can check it out it's product page here: https://www.optcorp.com/celestron-dual-axis-dc-motor-drive-for-cg-4-moun