Celestron Nexstar 4SE GoTo Telescope
Just ask one of our sales reps
Celestron Nexstar 4SE GoTo Telescope
Celestron Nexstar 4SE GoTo Telescope Features
- 4-inch Aperture- Excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects.
- GoTo Technology- Fully automated mount with a database of 40,000+ celestial objects will automatically locate and track objects for you.
- SkyAlign Technology- Gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily set up your telescope on any three bright objects in the sky.
- Unique Design- Single fork arm and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain.
- Aperture: 102 mm (4.02 inches).
- Focal Length: 1325 mm (52 inches).
- Focal Ratio: f/13.
- Focal Length of Eyepiece: 25 mm (0.98 inches).
- Magnification of Eyepiece: 53x.
- Finderscope: StarPointer.
- Star Diagonal: Internal Flip mirror for straight-through or 90-degree viewing angle.
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth.
- Tripod: Steel with built-in wedge.
- Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included).
- Highest Useful Magnification: 241x.
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 15x.
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.5.
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.37 arc seconds.
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.14 arc seconds.
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to the human eye): 212x.
- Apparent Field of View: 1 degree.
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 53 ft (16 m).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 35 mm (.38 inches).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12%.
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length: 343 mm (13.5 inches).
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 23 lb (10.5 kg).
- Tripod Weight: 10 lb (4.54 kg).
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds.
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar.
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South.
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align.
- Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port.
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons.
- Database: 38,181 accessible objects.
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
This telescope control software replaces the hand control and allows the user to remotely control their Celestron computerized telescope from their personal PC or laptop.
SkyAlign alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope simple, fast, and accurate. Just point the telescope at any three bright objects — stars, bright planets, or even the Moon — and your telescope can orient itself with the night sky.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||102 mm (4")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||1.25" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||1.14 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||124mm|
|Drive Type||DC servo motors|
|Encoder Resolution||.26 arc sec|
|Encoder Type||Onboard DC Motors|
|Focal Length||1325 mm|
|Head Design||Altitude Azimuth|
|Instrument Capacity||10 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||212x|
|Mount Head Weight||7 lbs|
|Optical Design||Maksutov Cassegrain|
|Power Consumption||12V 2.5A|
|Slew speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Total Weight||23 lbs|
|Tracking Rates||EQ North|
|Tracking Rates||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||10 lbs|
|Tube Weight||6 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
Please click the link below to download the Celestron Nexstar 4SE Manual
- NexStar 4-inch Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA.
- NexStar SE GoTo Alt-azimuth Mount.
- Sturdy Tripod with Built-in Wedge.
- Accessory Tray.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece, 25 mm Plossl.
- Quick Release Tube Clamp.
- StarPointer Finderscope (Red Dot).
- CD-ROM The Sky Astronomy Software.
- Flash Upgradeable Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with Back-lit LED.
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software.
- RS-232 For Computer Connection.
- SkyAlign Alignment Software.
- 2 Year Warranty.
Plenty of power in a handy size
Definitely needs external power; 8 AA batteries are the bare minimum and alignment with just those is problematical. With Celestron's power tank, though, it works great! I bought it for use on the Moon, planets and bright double stars from my light polluted front yard and it's just the ticket for carrying out to the driveway for an hour or two's viewing before bed. Two trips gets everything: scope and tripod, power tank, eyepiece case and a chair. Computer drive is very accurate and with careful alignment almost everything ends up in the field of view of a wide field eyepiece. This scope is a lot of fun and very easy at showing the moon and planets to neighbors.