- A 100 mm (3.94 Inch) Achromatic Refractor Telescope
- The Easiest Scope Set-up
- Includes a Smartphone Adapter!
- Erect Image Optics
- Red Light Flashlight for the Tray or as a Red Spot
Celestron Inspire 100AZ Refractor
The Celestron Inspire 100AZ Refractor is an amazingly lightweight 100 mm (3.9 in) aperture refractor and is a perfect entry level scope for anyone interested in giving astronomy a start. It not only offers far easier transport compared to many of its competitors, but it is also packed to the brim with features rarely seen on entry level scopes. These features increase its flexibility and other key traits greatly! The Inspire features fully coated glass optics, a solid alt-azimuth mount with a unique asymmetrical design, a sturdy steel tripod with an integrated fold-up accessory tray, an integrated smartphone adapter, a built-in red LED flashlight, a large projected reticle finder-scope, erect image optics, and a focus micrometer for easily returning to the same focus point.
The Inspire 1000AZ Refractor is also easily the most simple-to-set-up telescope in its entire class; an exercise in ease. Simply pop open the tripod legs, turn the lock knob on the accessory tray, and attach the telescope tube to the base using the quick release dovetail mount. You are now ready to observe! It really is that simple and clean, completely lacking in fuss or muss.
In a revolutionary move for refractors and telescopes in general, the Celestron Inspire has an integrated Smartphone adapter built into the lens cap. Using this adapter is very simple, using the following steps as laid out:
- Place your smartphone against the rubberized friction surface on the outside of the cap so your camera is viewing through the imaging port.
- Secure the smartphone using the two adjustable bungee cords.
- The inside of the lens cap has a fitting that secures to your eyepiece using two set screws.
- Voila! You are now ready to take high power images through the telescope.
The mount has a Red LED Flashlight attached that can either be used to illuminate your accessory tray, or removed to provide night-vision friendly red light wherever you need it! It is a minor but very useful feature that further works to improve on the sheer, simple convenience of this fine quality telescope setup.
This scope also comes with a Focus Micrometer. The focus micrometer is a numbered scale that indicates the focuser's position. It allows a quick return to a specific focus-point for specific targets such as a birdnest, infinity focus, etc.
OPT Product Number: CE-22403
- Celestron's Inspire Refractor Telescope w/100 mm Objective and 70 mm Tube
- Focuser/ Manual, with a marked micrometer for specific focus-points
- Inspire Alt-Azimuth Mount with manual control
- Inspire Tripod with adjustable 1.25 Inch Steel legs, attached fold-up accessory tray, and removable red LED flashlight.
- 1.25 Inch Diagonal/ Erect Image/ 90 degree
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #1/ 10 mm Kellner, 66x mag.
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #2/ 20 mm Kellner
- Finderscope/ StarPointer Pro, attached,
- SkyPortal - downloadable app
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
The Overview says the diagonal is an erect image diagonal, which is typically done in refractors with a mirror. It also says for a fully-correct image, which requires a prism. However, my experience with prisms is that they degrade the image for astrono
The included diagonal uses an erect image prism, although it can be replaced with any 1.25" mirror diagonal like this one https://www.optcorp.com/os-d125-tenth-wave-mirror-diagonal-1-25inch.html. A mirror diagonal will not correct the image orientation c