Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD Telescope
Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD Telescope
- Optical Design - Celestron Edge HD Optics
- Aperture - 11-inch (280 mm)
- Focal Length - 110.24-inch (2800 mm)
- Focal Ratio - f/10
- Finder Scope - 50 mm Celestron Finder with Quick Release Bracket
- Mount - Dual Fork Arm
- Optical Tube - Aluminum Construction
- Highest Useful Magnification - 661x
- Lowest Useful Magnification - 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude - 14.7
- Resolution - 0.50 Arcsec
- Star Diagonal - 2-inch
- Eyepiece - Celestron 23 mm Plossl, 122x magnification
- Accessory Tray - Die-Cast Aluminum
- Tripod - Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
- Software - Celestron NexRemote with RS232 Cable
- Weight - Telescope = 66-pounds; Tripod = 27-pounds
- Mount Type: Dual Fork Arm
- Accessory Tray: Die Cast Aluminum Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder
- Tripod: Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Adjustable
- Power Requirements: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 661x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1600x
- Apparent Field of View: 0.67°
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 95 mm (3.75")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12%
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coating
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 97 lbs (44 kg)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align
- Periodic Error Correction: Permanently Programmable
- Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- GPS: Internal 16 channel
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition
11 Inch EdgeHD on GoTo Alt-Az MountThe CPC Deluxe 1100 HD is a supreme visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool!
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an optical tube weight, with forks attached of 66-pounds, the Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD is still portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location yet gives you a huge amount of aperture. The CPC Deluxe feature Celestron's remarkable Edge HD optics. The Edge HD design is a modified Schmidt-Cassegrain which creates an extremely flat field of view, ideal for astrophotography.
The CPC Deluxe Mount
The Celestron CPC Deluxe mount uses an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3, thanks to Celestron's SkyAlign technology! Simply use the CPC Deluxe hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to any three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars and you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your Celestron CPC telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The Celestron CPC Deluxe database contains over 40,000 celestial objects, including the Messier objects, Caldwell Catalog, NGC Galaxies, nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC Deluxe, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GoTo them.
Celestron Edge HD Optics
The EdgeHD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astroimagers. The new Edge High-Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron Edge coma-free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High-Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 1100 Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD telescope is an 11-Inch aberration-free, modified Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm AltAzimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database, 400 user-definable objects, with expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects; and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics offer a quieter, smoother ride than ever before. Constant power is delivered to the drives as well allowing the telescope to perform even when not perfectly balanced.
- The Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark. It also features sturdy 2-Inch steel legs and an accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process, also aided by the Internal GPS. The included 9 x 50 optical Finderscope also aids in alignment.
- Flash upgradeable software to the hand control and motor control units, downloads product updates over the Internet (including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment).
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location with several sturdy handles. Large knobs help with easy setup and breakdown. The included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
Celestron’s aplanatic EdgeHD optics revolutionized astroimaging. This award-winning optical system reduces visual defects like field curvature and coma, creating an ultra-flat field for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors.
SkyAlign alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope simple, fast, and accurate. Just point the telescope at any three bright objects — stars, bright planets, or even the Moon — and your telescope can orient itself with the night sky.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||279 mm (10.98")|
|Aperture||279 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Highest Useful Magnification||661x|
|Light Gathering Power||1589x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Mount Type||Alt Azimuth/ GoTo|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||Dual Fork Arms|
|Telescope Series||Celestron CPC Deluxe HD|
|Tracking Modes||Alt Azimuth & EQ North & EQ South|
|Tube Weight||65 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Telescope Warranty|
- 11-Inch CPC Deluxe HD Computerized OPT
- CPC Deluxe 1100 Computerized Mount/Dual Fork Arm
- Heavy-Duty, Adjustable Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- Free Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Accessory Kit
- NexStar+ Hand Control with internal GPS
- 9 x 50 Optical Finder with quick-release bracket
- 2-Inch Star Diagonal with 1.25-Inch Adapter
- 2-Inch Eyepiece, 23 mm, 122x Mag
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote Software on CD ROM - Only For Windows(PC)
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Beautiful instrument, fantastic optics.
Purchased this instrument as a birthday present for my wife and myself. I ordered it on 3-14-13. On 3-19-13, it was on my doorstep. This scope is a great help for the pro as well as the novice. Point it at any object in the Sky, and it will not only tell you what it is, but how big it is, how far it is, its location, and intensity. On our first night with our scope we were seeing things like Orions nebula, Jupiter and its moons, Polaris, and Saturn. Saturn looked unbelievable. Like a painting in the sky. Double stars, Sirius, and many others. As for the telescope, It's big and it's heavy. I can manage the 60-70 pound tube on my own and the tripod also weighs in at about 20 pounds. Setting it up is a breeze, with its built in GPS. It's easy to get the telescope "sighted" in and your on your way to hours of the most interesting evenings in your life. One note about the GPS, it must be turned on for it to work. You can do this by going into the menu and then utilities, then GPS. Once this has been done, it's a simple matter to do any of the 4-5 different alignment procedures. My favorite is the three star sky alignment. Once again, choose any three bright objects in the sky, stars or planets or a combination of both and away you go. Simple. I purchased from OPT and was glad I did. Vince, Vinnie, Larry, and Steve were all very helpful, and instrumental in my decision on purchase. By the time it got here, it cost me close to $4000.00, but it was the best money I've ever spent. and if I had to do again tomorrow, I'd do it. I've never had a go to computerized telescope before and its great not only seeing but knowing what you are looking at. In all, a great scope and great purchase.