Celestron CGX-L Equatorial 9.25" EdgeHD Telescope
Celestron CGX-L Equatorial 9.25" EdgeHD Telescope
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- All-new ergonomic adjustment knobs with reduced friction for smooth and easy positioning under full loads. Stationary latitude knob with a newly-designed linkage system greatly reduces the amount of friction when polar aligning the mount. Redesigned azimuth adjustment with low-friction Teflon bearings to make adjustments easy under full load. No more binding, rough adjustments!
- Easy to read latitude scale
- NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- USB 2.0 port used to connect directly to PC with PWI Software
- 2 available autoguider ports for optimum cable management
- PEC sensor and PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
- On/Off rocker switch with red LED
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGX-L Mount is an innovative new design that improves on its predecessors in every imaginable way.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGX-L mount is incredibly ergonomic, with the convenient carrying handles and easy to use turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering - This mount boasts drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also boasts an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to its predecessors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX-L series features internal cabling that bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGX-L mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX-L mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
Celestron's leading-edge new CGX-L mount is the current pinnacle of German Equatorial Mount Engineering. With a wide range of new and improved features, this mount is simply top quality. It's just plain better than its competitors and predecessors.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
Celestron’s aplanatic EdgeHD optics revolutionized astroimaging. This award-winning optical system reduces visual defects like field curvature and coma, creating an ultra-flat field for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||234.95 mm (9.25")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Corrected Image Circle||42mm|
|Dawes Limit||0.49 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||262mm|
|Focal Length||2350 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||75 lbs|
|Latitude Range||3 to 56 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||1127x|
|Mount Head Weight||52.6lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12V 2.5A max|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tube Weight||21 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Worm Wheel Diameter||114mm|
- 9.25 Inch Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGX-L Mount
- CGX-L Heavy Duty Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- 2 Inch Star Diagonal
- 2 Inch Luminos Eyepiece, 23mm, wide-angle
- 1 Counterweight, 22 lb
- DC Power Cable, Cigarette Light Adapter
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Warranty