Celestron CGX-L Equatorial 1100 EdgeHD Telescope
- CGX-L 11 Inch Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Heavy Duty Tripod
- Internal Cable Wiring
- Focal Ration is f/10
- Faster Compatible to f/2
Celestron CGX-L Equatorial 1100 EdgeHD Telescope
- Experience our best optical performance with EdgeHD’s ﬂat-ﬁeld and coma-free optics for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces
- Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
- Versatile design accommodates 2 focal ratios: native f/10 or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories
Computerized Mount Features:
New CGX-L Features:
- Increased 75 lb load capacity. Exceptional load capacity to weight ratio
- Additional Aux accessory ports and autoguider port on the Dec axis for better cable management
- Larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads
- Longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes
- Massive 70 mm stainless steel tripod legs with a wider stance for improved stability under heavy loads
- New accessory tray holds three 1.25” and two 2” eyepieces with an upright stand for your smartphone or tablet
- Heavy duty, 31.5 mm stainless steel counterweight shaft to support additional counterweights
- Optional add-on polar axis finderscope custom designed for CGX and CGX-L
- Supports WiFi and wireless operation accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module (sold separately)
- Compact, lower profile equatorial head provides improved stability and portability. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation at full capacity
- Clear windows built into motor covers so pulleys and belts can be monitored
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevent cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Includes Celestron's new PWI telescope control software, co-developed by PlaneWave Instruments. Software features multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy
- Software Polar Align: “All-Star Polar Alignment” allows quick and very precise polar alignment. Align on any bright named star without extra polar alignment accessories, apps, or other assistance
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- +20° of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
- Redesigned tripod has a widened stance for added stability. The minimum tripod height has also been lowered per user feedback
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- All-new ergonomic adjustment knobs with reduced friction for smooth and easy positioning under full loads. Stationary latitude knob with a newly-designed linkage system greatly reduces the amount of friction when polar aligning the mount. Redesigned azimuth adjustment with low-friction Teflon bearings to make adjustments easy under full load. No more binding, rough adjustments!
- Easy to read latitude scale
- NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- USB 2.0 port used to connect directly to PC with PWI Software
- 2 available autoguider ports for optimum cable management
- PEC sensor and PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
- On/Off rocker switch with red LED
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGX-L Mount is an innovative new design that improves on its predecessors in every imaginable way.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGX-L mount is incredibly ergonomic, with the convenient carrying handles and easy-to-use turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering - This mount boasts drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also has an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to its predecessors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX-L series features internal cabling that bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGX-L mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX-L mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
Celestron's leading-edge new CGX-L mount is the current pinnacle of German Equatorial Mount Engineering. With a wide range of new and improved features, this mount is simply top quality. It's just plain better than it's competition and predecessors.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
Celestron’s aplanatic EdgeHD optics revolutionized astroimaging. This award-winning optical system reduces visual defects like field curvature and coma, creating an ultra-flat field for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Corrected Image Circle||42mm|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||305mm|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||75 lbs|
|Latitude Range||3 to 56 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||1593x|
|Mount Head Weight||52.6lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12V 2.5A max|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tube Weight||28 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Worm Wheel Diameter||114mm|
- 11 Inch Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain HD OTA
- CGX-L EQ Mount
- CGX-L Heavy Duty Tripod with Adjustable 2.75 Inch steel Legs.
- Accessory Tray
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- 2 Inch/ Star Diagonal with a 1.2 Inch Adapter
- 2 Inch/ 23mm Luminos Wide-Angle Eyepiece
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 2 Counterweights, 22 lb each
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- 2 Year Warranty