Celestron 11" EdgeHD CGX Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron 11" EdgeHD CGX Telescope
The Celestron 11-inch EdgeHD CGX Telescope combines Celestron's all-new CGX computerized equatorial mount with its acclaimed EdgeHD optical system. Key designs include a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and stable setup, a better drive system, remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management.
With an optical tube assembly weighing only 28 lb, it's still portable enough to be taken to dark skies and has 89% more light-gathering power than an 8-inch telescope and 40% more than the 9.25-inch!
For astrophotography, the CGX mount offers a sturdier, stouter platform, with a smoother, heavy-duty belt drive system, new electronic and ergonomic features that favor worry-free remote operation, plus all-new advanced software.
Experience the Specialized Features of the Celestron 11-inch EdgeHD CGX Telescope
HD OPTICAL PERFORMANCE
- See pinpoint stars all the way to the edge with EdgeHD’s ﬂat-ﬁeld and coma-free optics!
- Its aluminum optical tube with tube vents feature an integrated 95-micron mesh filter that allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
- 3 focal ratios: Native f/10, f/7 with the addition of a focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories.
- With Celestron's StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
- Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time.
- Increased load capacity to 55-pounds.
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads.
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads.
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh.
- Internal cabling provides worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags.
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevent cable tension and tripod strike.
- Internal optical sensors on both axes provide simple and safe remote operation.
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset.
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail-safe.
- Software includes multi-point mount modeling for precise pointing accuracy and many more additional features for remote astro-imaging.
- Wider tripod stance for improved stability.
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3-degree to 65-degree latitude range.
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle.
- 2-inch steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling.
- "Jack of all trays" can hold three 1.25-inch eyepieces, two 2-inch eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories.
- Plus 20 degrees of additional tracking past the meridian on either side.
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport.
- Two handles for easy pickup and transport.
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs.
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system.
- All-new ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth and easy adjustment under full loads.
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port.
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately).
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software.
- Autoguider port.
- PPEC ready.
- Threaded 12V DC power input barrel connector.
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved).
- Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long-exposure astro-images.
- Each cooling vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting in dust.
- A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide-field imaging.
TRUE ASTROGRAPH QUALITY
- Its EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope! Get visibly sharper stars on even the largest CCD chips every time! Learn more about EdgeHD technology.
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Corrected Image Circle||42mm|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||305mm|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||55 lbs|
|Latitude Range||3 to 65 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||1593x|
|Mount Head Weight||44lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12V 5A max|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tube Weight||28 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
Purchased in Dec 2019 first light Jan 2020. Well made with good software (CPWI) Don't care for the Starrynight SW so I purchased TheSkyX which integrates well with the CGX. I would recommend this purchase again.
I spent over an hour on the phone with OPT prior to making this purchase, the technician I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of my questions and was able to give me valuable insight which led to my choice of the 11” HD Edge on the CGX mount. The process of signing up to pay over time was completely trouble free and took less than a couple of minutes. My scope arrived on time and undamaged. I am very impressed with the quality of this telescope and the CGX mount is incredible. I owned a Celestron 8” SCT for over 20 years and the upgrade to this scope was worth the wait. My experience with OPT has been nothing short of excellent.