The CGEM-II 800 Telescope by Celestron is a 203 mm (8-inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on a CGEM-II Mount capable of gathering 843x more light than the human eye, with precise f/10 optics offering an incredible .57 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.62-degree angular field of view.
When the sky permits, you can expect to see details like delicate divisions in Saturn's ring structure, details on Mars and follow Jupiter events like shadow transits and Great Red Spot appearances with ease.
With a low-end magnification limit of 29x, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with the Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon!
Features of the Celestron CGEM II 800 SCT
- Large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy procedures and adjustments.
- The intuitive All-Star system allows users to choose any bright star from the NexStar hand control, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment.
- The CGEM-II-800 database will provide over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects for your celestial viewing pleasure.
Refined Design for Optimal Performance
- The Celestron CGEM Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms.
- The drive incorporates a low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders which ensure smooth, quiet operation and long life... the motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low-speed tracking.
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel polar shafts are supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings while the mount utilizes a steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel.
- Furthermore, the dual plate design allows you to choose between the CGE-Pro or CG-5 style dovetails, meaning that you can freely utilize a much wider range of scopes and accessories in conjunction with this mount!
Astrophotography with the Celestron CGEM II SCT
- Add a camera to experience its astrophotography features. Not only will it track well past the meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky, but the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports are conveniently located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography and include a designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack and ST-4 compatible guide port.
- The NexRemote telescope control software provides advance control via the RS-232 communication port on the hand controller. Software features include; mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernate, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits.
- Upgradable flash! Go online to update your hand control software and motor control units. You can even add an optional Celestron GPS unit!