Celestron CGEM II 700 Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope
7" Maksutov-Cassegrain FEATURES
- Designed for detailed, high contrast views of smaller celestial objects like planets, globular clusters, and planetary nebulae.
- The optical design includes both a lens and a mirror, providing bright, sharp images virtually free of chromatic aberration.
- Optics are coated with Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings, providing optimal light transmission and bright views.
- Instead of a secondary mirror, the Mak features a “secondary spot” of reflective coating applied directly to the inside of the corrector plate. Because of this, the telescope does not require frequent collimation like a Schmidt-Cassegrain or Newtonian design.
COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGEM-II mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end optical tubes (up to 11-inches) securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provide a clean look and an easy and trouble-free set-up.
Innovation - The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Furthermore, the new mount model is equipped with a dual saddle capable of mounting both predominant kinds of Dovetail.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM-II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM-II mount is the next level of GEM mounting, an all-around improvement to their previous CGEM model with more to it than just a new paint job and a saddle!
|Aperture||180 mm (7")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.64 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||2700 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||40 lbs|
|Latitude Range||15 to 70 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||661x|
|Mount Head Weight||40lbs|
|Optical Design||Maksutov Cassegrain|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||20 lbs|
|Tube Weight||19 lbs|
- 7" Maksutov-Cassegrain Optical Tube with CGE Dovetail Bar
- Celestron CGEM-II (Computerized German Equitorial Mount)
- One 17lb counterweight
- Adjustable Tripod with 2-inch Steel legs
- Hand Controller
- DC Power Cable
- Accessory Tray/ spreader
- 2" Visual Back
- 2" Star Diagonal with 1.25" Adapter
- 8x50 straight-through finderscope and bracket
- 28mm wide-field 2" eyepiece
- 2 Year Warranty