The CGEM-II 1100 Telescope by Celestron is a 279 mm (11-inch) Aperture Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope on a CGE Mount. With a telescope capable of gathering 1600X more light than the human eye, the precise f/10 optics of the Celestron C11 SCT offer up an incredible 0.47 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.71 degrees angular field of view. With a limiting magnitude factor of 14.7 and a practical magnification limit of 661x, it delivers remarkable planetary and lunar views. With a low-end magnification limit of 40x, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon! The Celestron CGEM-II is a great tool for astrophotography, too! It can be as simple as adding a Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager to the CGEM-II-1100, or even just adapting a digital camera!
OPTICAL TUBE FEATURES
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings.
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10).
- 40 mm eyepiece included (70x).
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25-inch accessories.
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately center alignment objects.
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Includes a large CGE style dovetail mounting bar.
COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
- 40 lb payload capacity.
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle.
- 2-inch steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling.
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation.
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation.
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging.
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits.
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky.
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows setting maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- USB hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory