Celestron CGEM II 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- A 279 mm (11-Inch) Aperture Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
- Gathers 1600 times more light than the human eye!
- Ergonomically friendly with adjustment knobs
- All-Star Alignment
- Smooth and quiet operation while tracking
- Flash Upgradable Software with Permanent Periodic Error Correction
Celestron CGEM II 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
OPTICAL TUBE FEATURES
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (70x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately center alignment objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes large CGE style dovetail mounting bar
COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- USB hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
The CGEM-II 1100 Telescope by Celestron is a 279 mm (11-Inch) Aperture Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope on a CGE Mount.
Some 40 years ago, Celestron's founder - Tom Johnson - introduced the first Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes into the amateur astronomy market and began a revolution. Now, Celestron's CGEM-II-1100 takes performance to a new level beginning with the extreme optical quality of the 279 mm (11-inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain combined with StarBright XLT coatings mounted on Celestron's newly engineered and innovative CGEM-II mount. This new take on a tried and true design has given the world another Celestron classic - one capable of carrying the load securely and vibration free... and taking both astroimaging and visual observing to new heights.
With a telescope capable of gathering 1600X more light than the human eye, the precise f/10 optics of the Celestron C11 SCT offer up an incredible 0.47 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.71 degrees angular field of view. With a limiting magnitude factor of 14.7 and a practical magnification limit of 661x, we're talking about a telescope able to deliver remarkable planetary and lunar views. When sky permits, you can expect to see details like delicate divisions in Saturn's ring structure, details on Mars and follow Jupiter events like shadow transits and Great Red Spot appearances with ease. Star clusters will transform into well-resolved facets, galaxies will take on structure and difficult double stars will yield their companions. With a low-end magnification limit of 40x, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon!
What sets the 11-inch Celestron CGEM-II apart from competitor models is simplicity and durability. The CGEM-II series was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy procedures and adjustments. The intuitive All-Star system allows users to choose any bright star from the NexStar hand control, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Then, just kick back and enjoy. The CGEM-II 1100 database will provide over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects for your celestial viewing pleasure.
But it's more than just the GoTo functions which will make the Celestron CGEM-II 1100 SCT one of the most worthy optical investments you'll ever consider... It's the design qualities which make this telescope last that count. Unlike less expensive models, the Celestron CGEM-II Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms. There's nothing to get dragged or snagged during set-up or transportation because the RA and Dec motor wiring is all internal. The drive incorporates a low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders which ensure smooth, quiet operation and long life... a the motor armatures are skewed to minimize clogging which is required for low speed tracking. Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel polar shafts are supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings while the mount utilizes a steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel. Even a secure power plug is employed, so the mount's 12V DC 1.5 Amp power source can't be accidentally disconnected. The Celestron CGEM-II-1100 comes equipped with a car battery adapter, but you'll find this telescope so fascinating you might just want to add an AC adapter or Celestron Power Tank, too! Furthermore, the dual plate design allows you to choose between the CGE-Pro or CG-5 style dovetails, meaning that you can freely utilize a much wider range of scopes and accessories in conjunction with this mount!
Still more? Then consider the many features that make the Celestron CGEM-II a "gem" for astrophotography, too. It can be as simple as adding a Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager to the CGEM-II-1100, or even just adapting a digital camera. Not only will it track well past the meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky, but the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Autoguide port and auxiliary ports are conveniently located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography and include a designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack and ST-4 compatible guide port. You'll find an RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer and NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control. Software features include; mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernate, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits. What's even better is that it's all flash upgradeable. Just connect to the Internet to update your hand control software and motor control units. You can even add an optional Celestron GPS unit!
The Celestron CGEM-II 1100 carries on the Celestron tradition of performance, durability, and value. Major colleges and universities worldwide use Celestron telescopes in their astronomy programs and the Celestron telescope line has been chosen over all competing models by NASA to be taken on several Spaceshuttle research missions. Why not add a Celestron SkyScout to the fun? Celebrate the International Year of Astronomy with Celestron and bring that kind of quality home to your backyard tonight...
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||40 lbs|
|Latitude Range||15 to 70 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||1593x|
|Mount Head Weight||40lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 3.2A|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Total Weight||77 lbs|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||20 lbs|
|Tube Weight||27.5 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's CGEM-II 1100 , 279.4 mm (11-Inch) Aperture Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGE Mount
- Tripod with adjustable 2-inch steel legs
- Captive Central Accessory Tray
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece, 40 mm, 70x mag.
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- DC Power Cable, Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- (2) Counterweights, 17-pounds each
- 2 Year Warranty