- An 11-Inch Astrograph!
- EdgeHD Optics for 3x Flatter Edges
- All-Star Polar Alignment
- Dual Saddle Flexibility
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Mirror Clutches
- Internal Cable Wiring
Celestron CGEM-II 1100 EdgeHD f/10 Modified SCT Catadioptric Telescope
- EdgeHD aplanatic, flat field SCT optics for pinpoint stars to the edge of the largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces. Lightweight and portable
- Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
- Versatile design accommodates 3 focal ratios: native f/10, f/7 with the addition of a focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories
COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- USB hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: EdgeHD
- Aperture: 279.4 mm (11")
- Focal Length: 2800 mm (110")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 23 mm (0.91")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 122x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Star Diagonal: 2" w/ 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 660x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.42 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1593x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 95 mm (3.75")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 610 mm (24")
- Optical Tube Weight: 28 lbs (13 kg)
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 40 lbs (18 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1346 - 1651 mm (53 – 65")
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 50.8 mm (2") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section
- Latitude adjustment range: 15° - 70°
- Total EQ Head Weight: 41 lbs (18.6 kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
- Weight of Counterweights: 1 x 17 lbs
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North & EQ South
- Dovetail Compatibility: Dual saddle plates (Vixen and CGE saddle)
- Number of Auxiliary ports: 2 (1x Hand control port and 1x AUX Port for optional accessories)
- Autoguide port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC, 3.2 amps
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, USB 2 0 port for PC connection
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition
The CGEM-II 1100 EdgeHD Telescope by Celestron is a 279 mm (11-Inch) Aperture corrected flat-field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with a CGEM II computerized German equatorial mount atop a sturdy tripod. This 11-Inch EdgeHD optical system gathers 40 percent more light that the 9.25-Inch EdgeHD, and 89 percent more than the 8-Inch. At 28 pounds, this OTA is still portable enough to take out to your favorite dark sky spot.
Introducing the EdgeHD Telescope Series, Celestron's new flagship telescope line...
Celestron has taken another bold step as the market leader in telescopes with the introduction of their latest series of high-end telescopes. Since the moment they first started producing Schmidt-Cassegrain optical systems, Celestron has continued to design high-quality optics with pride. After years of research and development, they have now taken one giant step!
The EdgeHD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astroimagers. The new Edge High Definition telescope series features an aplanatic (corrected to be free of aberrations) Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron EdgeHD coma-free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
These superior features combined with our recently introduced CGX and CGEM-II mounts make the new Celestron Edge series the new gold standard in astroimaging. The EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as astrograph quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
The Celestron CGEM-II mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11-Inch) securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provide a clean look and an easy and trouble-free set-up.
Innovation - The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM 91526, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Furthermore, a new dual saddle has resulted in this stellar mount having the capacity to mount either CGE-Pro style Dovetails or CGE-5 Dovetails.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM 91526 mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM-II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates the rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
Celestron’s aplanatic EdgeHD optics revolutionized astroimaging. This award-winning optical system reduces visual defects like field curvature and coma, creating an ultra-flat field for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||40 lbs|
|Mount Head Weight||40lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Ports||Auto guider port|
|Ports||Hand control port|
|Ports||USB 2.0 port|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tube Weight||28 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's 1100 EdgeHD 279 mm (11-Inch) corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGEM-II Mount: Equatorial/ Large Alt-Azimuth Alignment Knobs/ All-Star polar alignment and PEC/ Dual Saddle
- Tripod: Adjustable 2-Inch Steel Legs with Graduated markings
- Hand Controller: NexStar+
- (2) Counterweights, 17-pounds each
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- Finder: 9 x 50 Optical
- 2-Inch Eyepiece: 23 mm (0.91 in), 122x mag./Luminos
- 2-Inch Star Diagonal, includes an 1.25-Inch adapter
- Power Adapter/ DC Cigarette Lighter adapter
- CD ROM: NexRemote
- 2 Year Warranty