The Celestron CGEM-II 800 EdgeHD Telescope is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11-inches) securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum. It's a vision you'll never forget.
Features of the Celestron CGEM-II 800 Telescope
The Celestron CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provide a clean look and an easy and trouble-free set-up.
The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please astro-imagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Furthermore, the new mount model is equipped with a dual saddle capable of mounting both predominant kinds of Dovetail.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the ideal part of the sky. The CGEM-II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user-defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
800 EdgeHD FEATURES
- A 203 mm (8-inch) EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- EdgeHD aplanatic, flat field SCT optics for pinpoint stars to the edge of the largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces.
- Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
- Versatile design accommodates 3 focal ratios: native f/10, f/7 with the addition of a focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories.
CELESTRON CGEM-II COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
- 2-inch steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation.
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation.
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging.
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software features include Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits.
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky.
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number.
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day.
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives.
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows setting maximum slew rate.
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use.
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer.
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer.
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory.