Celestron C9.25 SCT OTA with CGE Mount Plate
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron C9.25 SCT OTA with CGE Mount PlateThe Celestron C9 9.25-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA with CGE Mount Plate is available individually to be used with your favorite mount. Each OTA is made to the same exact standards as those used on all their high-quality telescopes. All of its optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings. These tube assemblies are equipped with the same dovetail mounting bar as used on the CGE Pro or CGEM series for easy attachment to a variety of popular mounts.
Besides seeing all of the Messier Catalog objects, you can also see hundreds of other, less famous, but equally interesting NGC, IC, and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are within your reach.
Celestron C9.25 Optical Technical Details
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555x.
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34x.
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4.
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds.
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds.
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127x.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 85 mm (3.35 inches).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 13%.
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length: 559 mm (22 inches).
- Optical Tube Diameter: 271.78 mm (10.7 inches).
- Optical Tube Weight: 20 pounds (9.07 kg).
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar.
- Continued Below.
Celestron Product Number: 91027-XLT
Please Note: This optical tube assembly comes with a 3 Inch dovetail plate and will attach to mounts such as the Celestron CGE Pro, Celestron CGEM, the Losmandy G-11, and newer GM-8, Software Bisque's Paramount, and mounts by AstroPhysics. This OTA will not fit onto the CG-5, older GM-8 mounts, or the Meade LXD55. If you are unsure, please give us a call before you buy. Thanks!
|Aperture||235 mm (9.25")|
|Focal Length||2350 mm|
|Optical Coatings||Celestron XLT|
|OTA Mount Type||CGE Dovetail|
|OTA Weight||20 lbs.|
|Telescope Series||Celestron Optical Tubes|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- C9, 234.95 mm (9.25-inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA.
- 3-inch dovetail CGE mount plate.
- 6x30 optical finderscope.
- 1.25-inch star diagonal.
- 1.25-inch/ 25 mm eyepiece, 94x mag.
- 2-year warranty.
Great scope for both viewing and photography. Only shot two items since owning it, Jupiter, and the moon...Will need to upgrade cameras before reviewing the quality of images taken from this scope. Will add more later. But I love the scope, and easy to set up with PoleMaster, and Guiding system works well with PHD2!
Haven't had a chance to use it, been cold in Maine. Will let you know the like later in spring time.
awesome everything. customer service, shipping as promised. opt for all of my telescope needs.