The Celestron Advanced VX 6-inch Newtonian Telescopeis engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. Track through long exposures with the Advanced VX, by using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount! The Celestron Advanced VX will serve you for a long time, whether you choose to do visual or imaging work- or both!
Enjoy The Features of the Celestron 6-inch SCT OTA
- Dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron's 6-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 40% more light than a 5-inch telescope.
- The 6-inch SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motor's housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
- There are two Communication AUX Ports, and an Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control).
- Features of the NexStar+ Computerized Hand Controller: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display, 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, and a Database with 40,000+ objects, 100 user-defined programmable objects, and enhanced information on over 200 objects. It also has an internal clock.
More About The Celestron 6-inch SCT
The 6-inch f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly, also known as the "OTA", is the smallest and most portable available in this design. The f/10 focal ratio is classic when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography, and when it comes time to do some deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer will effectively widen the field of view. The Celestron 6-inch SCT Advanced VX Telescope is a great way to enter the hobby or as a choice for a travel scope.If you decide you want something a bit bigger, or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 lb, you have plenty of options.