The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron is engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. With the 6-inch Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount!
Celestron Advanced VX 6-inch Refractor Telescope Product Highlights
- Celestron's 6-inch f/8 Refractor yields high contrast views of the planets and bright deep-sky objects.
- The 2-inch rack and pinion focuser comes with a 1.25-inch adapter, allowing the use of both 2-inch and 1.25-inch accessories.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance - provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish).
- All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support.
More About Celestron's Optical Tube Assembly
The Celestron 6-inch f/8 achromatic refractor is a sight to behold. The telescope itself is glossy black, and while your skies may not be glossy, they will be black as night when you gaze through your Celestron 6-inch refractor. Enjoy high-contrast views when you choose a refractor as your optical weapon of choice. Unlike other optical designs, like a Newtonian or Schmidt-Cassegrain, the refractor has no secondary mirror obstruction. This feature results in brighter views per inch of aperture, as well as higher contrast. The optical tube assembly comes with a 2-inch rack and pinion focuser with 1.25-inch adapter, as well as a 9 x 50 finder to help you find your way.