- A 130 mm (5.11 in) Motorized Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Will Track The Night Sky
- Erect Image Optics
- Quick - no tool - setup
- The Sky - Astronomy Software with images and printable maps
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope w/ Motor Drive
- Telescope Aperture: 5.1"
- Telescope Focal Ratio: f/5
- Telescope Focal Length: 650
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 19x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307x
- Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in), yields 32.5x magnification
- Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in), yields 65x magnification
- Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye: 345x
- Telescope Tripod Included: Yes
- Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included: Yes - 2 Eyepieces Included
- Finder Included: Yes - Red Dot Finder Included
- Focuser Style: Rack & Pinion
- Focuser Size: 1.25"
- Focuser Speed: Single Speed
- Telescope Mount Type: Equatorial
- Telescope Power Source: AA Batteries
- Telescope OTA Length: 24 in.
- Weight: 24 lb (10.89 kg)
- Telescope Warranty Period: 2 years
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ Features:
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Motor drive for automatic tracking
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- CG-Equatorial Mount - for smooth and accurate pointing
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- "The Sky" Level-1 planetarium software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope w/ Motor Drive is part of a high quality, economical telescope series with superb optical systems. These telescopes yield breathtaking views of the moon, Saturn with its ring structure, Jupiter with its belts, and hundreds of deep-sky objects including; galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. Add an optional solar filter and you can observe activity on the Sun. While observing, you'll notice that as the Earth rotates on its axis, stationary stars appear to move across the sky causing the object you're viewing will drift out of the field view. The telescopes on their mounts can be aimed at celestial objects and guided with the slow motion controls to track your targets!
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ MD comes complete with a pre-assembled mount and tripod. The Celestron CG-3 equatorial mount is quite stable, with setting circles and slow-motion controls on both axes for easy, smooth tracking and now a clock drive which continually tracks objects in right ascension. Strict adherence to Celestron's tough quality standards for; manufacturing, assembly, and testing ensures that each telescope not only performs well but remains durable after years and years of use.
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope Features
- Fully multi-coated optics for bright, crisp, clean images.
- Quick release dovetail attachment for user-friendly set-up and storage. No tools needed!
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope projects a red laser dot onto a non-magnified viewing window for easy aiming.
- German Equatorial Mount with setting circles, slow-motion cables, and a motor drive unit to accurately track sky objects.
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25 Inch steel tube legs with a deluxe accessory tray for convenient access to observing tools.
- The Sky Level 1 - planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-31051
Note: Requires 9V Battery for the motor drive
- Celestron's AstroMaster 130 EQ-MD Telescope, 130 mm (5.11 Inch) Aperture
- CG-3 Equatorial Mount with Motor Drive, slow-motion controls, and Dovetail bar
- Attached Focuser/ Manual
- Tripod with 1.25 Inch Adjustable Steel Tube Legs
- Finderscope/ StarPointer, Red Dot - Attached
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #1/ 20 mm, 33x mag.
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #2/ 10 mm, 65x mag.
- Two Counterweights/ 4.8 pounds each, locking
- The Sky - Level 1 CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can a Digital SLR camera be mounted to the telescope
Unfortunately, a DSLR will not reach infinity focus when mounted to this telescope as it was intended for visual use, not astrophotography. The Omni GC4 scopes have the ability to attach to DSLRs (though they need motors added to the mount), but the Astro
Hi! I want to know the dimensions of the telescope box? I need them for a surprise party for b-day for a friend?
The Box dimensions for the Astromaster 130eq are 35x12x18
Hi, What kind of solar filter can be used?
The OD (outer diameter) of the AstroMaster 130 is ~165mm, so the Baader BA-ASTF-120, BA-ASTF-140, or Astrozap AZ-1013 are all suitable to use with this telescope.
How easy is it to transport the telescope on the plane? Any special packaging/luggage available? Want to take to Spain this summer for an astronomy camp.
The shipping dimensions are 34 x 19 x 11 @ 39 lbs. You should check with the airline you plan on flying with for check in size restrictions. This comes packed in a single box and there are several cases that would fit the tube as well as bags for the trip
Please Inform Rechargeble 9 Volt Battery Included Or Not With Celestron Astromaster 130EQ MD
Celestron has never included a rechargeable 9V battery with their EQ-MD scopes, but you can add your own if you wish.