The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope with Motor Drive is part of a high-quality and economical telescope series with superb optical systems. These telescopes produce breathtaking views of the Moon, planets, and hundreds of deep-sky objects!
You can observe activity on the Sun by adding an optional solar filter. While observing, you'll notice that as the Earth rotates on its axis, stationary stars appear to move across the sky. This causes the object you're viewing to drift out of the field view. Telescopes on their mounts can be aimed at celestial objects, and guided with the slow-motion controls to track your targets!
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ MD comes complete with a pre-assembled mount and tripod. The Celestron CG-3 equatorial mount is stable, with setting circles and slow-motion controls on both axes for easy, smooth tracking and now a clock drive which continually tracks objects in right ascension. Strict adherence to Celestron's tough quality standards for; manufacturing, assembly, and testing ensures that each telescope not only performs well but remains durable after years and years of use.
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope Features
- Fully multi-coated optics for bright, crisp, clean images.
- Quick-release dovetail attachment for user-friendly set-up and storage. No tools needed!
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope projects a red laser dot onto a non-magnified viewing window for easy aiming.
- German Equatorial Mount with setting circles, slow-motion cables, and a motor drive unit to accurately track sky objects.
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25-inch steel tube legs with a deluxe accessory tray for convenient access to observing tools.
The Sky Level 1 - planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-31051
Note: Requires 9V Battery for the motor drive