- A 130 mm (5.11 in) Motorized Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Will Track The Night Sky
- Erect Image Optics
- Quick - no tool - setup
- The Sky - Astronomy Software with images and printable maps
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope w/ Motor Drive
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope w/ Motor Drive is part of a high quality, economical telescope series with superb optical systems. These telescopes yield breathtaking views of the moon, Saturn with its ring structure, Jupiter with its belts, and hundreds of deep-sky objects including; galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. Add an optional solar filter and you can observe activity on the Sun. While observing, you'll notice that as the Earth rotates on its axis, stationary stars appear to move across the sky causing the object you're viewing will drift out of the field view. The telescopes on their mounts can be aimed at celestial objects and guided with the slow motion controls to track your targets!
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ MD comes complete with a pre-assembled mount and tripod. The Celestron CG-3 equatorial mount is quite stable, with setting circles and slow-motion controls on both axes for easy, smooth tracking and now a clock drive which continually tracks objects in right ascension. Strict adherence to Celestron's tough quality standards for; manufacturing, assembly, and testing ensures that each telescope not only performs well but remains durable after years and years of use.
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD Telescope Features
- Fully multi-coated optics for bright, crisp, clean images.
- Quick release dovetail attachment for user-friendly set-up and storage. No tools needed!
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope projects a red laser dot onto a non-magnified viewing window for easy aiming.
- German Equatorial Mount with setting circles, slow-motion cables, and a motor drive unit to accurately track sky objects.
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25 Inch steel tube legs with a deluxe accessory tray for convenient access to observing tools.
- The Sky Level 1 - planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-31051
Note: Requires 9V Battery for the motor drive
|Alignment Procedure||Manual Alignment|
|Aperture||130 mm (5")|
|Mount Type||Equatorial/ Motorized|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|OTA Mount Type||CG3 Dovetail Bar|
|Telescope Series||Celestron AstroMaster|
|Tracking Modes||Right Ascension|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's AstroMaster 130 EQ-MD Telescope, 130 mm (5.11 Inch) Aperture
- CG-3 Equatorial Mount with Motor Drive, slow-motion controls, and Dovetail bar
- Attached Focuser/ Manual
- Tripod with 1.25 Inch Adjustable Steel Tube Legs
- Finderscope/ StarPointer, Red Dot - Attached
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #1/ 20 mm, 33x mag.
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #2/ 10 mm, 65x mag.
- Two Counterweights/ 4.8 pounds each, locking
- The Sky - Level 1 CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty