The 9.25-inch SCT Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron is engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind giving you a seamless observing and imaging experience.
The Celestron Advanced VX SCT is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. With the Advanced VX, track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount! The Celestron Advanced VX will serve you for a long time, whether you choose to do visual or imaging work- or both!
Upgrade Your Images With the Features of the Celestron 9.25-inch Advanced VX SCT
- Dual saddle plate design compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron's 9.25-inch Schmidt Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 33% more light than an 8-inch telescope.
- The 9.25-inch SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance -provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motor's housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than generally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish) The Database has 40,000+ objects, 100 user-defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- There are two Communication AUX Ports and an Autoguider port, type RS-232, on the hand control.
- Internal Clock.
More About Celestron's Optical Tube Assembly
The 9.25-inch f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly is created as a step-up from the classic 8-inch telescope. Gain 33% more light without the weight of the 11-inch. This OTA has an incredible light-gathering ability while still remaining reasonably portable. The f/10 focal ratio is a classic spec when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography. When it comes time to do some deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer will effectively widen the field of view.
- To properly power this product, you will need the AC adapter listed in the recommended items below.
- Dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail.
- 9.25-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope.
- Collects 33% more light than an 8-inch telescope.
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings.
- Latitude Range: 7 to 77 degrees.
- NexStar+ hand controller/ multiple language programming.