The Celestron Advanced VX 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. With the Advanced VX, track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount! The Celestron Advanced VX will serve you for a long time, whether you choose to do visual or imaging work- or both!
Features of the Celestron Advanced VX SCT
- Dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron's 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 84 percent more light than a 6-inch telescope.
- The 8-inch SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motor's housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than generally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports.
- Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control).
- Internal Clock.
More About Celestron's Optical Tube Assembly
The 8-inch f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly, also known as the "OTA", is one of the best-selling telescopes in the world. The f/10 focal ratio is classic when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography, and when it comes time to do some deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer will effectively widen the field of view. The Celestron 8-inch SCT Advanced VX Telescope is a great all-around telescope choice, whether you are new to the hobby or are upgrading to a better instrument.