Celestron Advanced VX 8" Newtonian Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron Advanced VX 8" Newtonian Telescope
The Celestron Advanced VX 8-inch Newtonian Telescope is engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. Track through long exposures with the Advanced VX, by using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount! The Celestron Advanced VX will serve you for a long time, whether you choose to do visual or imaging work- or both!
Gain Better Observation with the features of the Celestron Advanced VX 8-inch Telescope
- NEWLY DESIGNED dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron's 8-inch (200 mm) Newtonian optical tube assembly, with its f/5 optical design, gives excellent wide-field views.
- The 8-inch Newtonian's parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motor's housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than generally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion!
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
More About Celestron's Optical Tube Assembly
The 8-inch Newtonian OTA offers a wide field of view with a focal ratio of f/5. With a 200 mm of light-gathering capability, you can travel out of the solar system and into deep space! This reflecting telescope system, with its classic parabolic aluminized primary mirror, is a great way to enter the hobby. If you decide you want something a bit bigger, or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 lb, you have plenty of options.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" to 24 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||1000 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||30 lbs|
|Latitude Range||7 to 77 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Mount Head Weight||17lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 3.5A|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & CGE|
|Total Weight||47 lbs|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs|
|Tube Weight||12.5 lbs|
- 8-inch f/5 Newtonian Reflector OTA.
- VX Advanced Mount.
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2-inch Stainless Steel Legs.
- 1 Eyepiece, 20mm Plossl.
- Finderscope: 9x50 Optical.
- Counterweight Bar: 12-inch Length, 0.75-inch Diameter lb (5.44 kg).
- 2 Counterweights, 11 lb each.
- DC Power Cord/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter.
- NexStar+ Hand Controller with a Database of 40,000+ objects.
- Internal Clock.
- 2 Year Warranty.
The mount is absolutely great. It offers a lot of the advanced features found in Celestron's bigger mounts Like PPEC. I was hoping to use this for astrophotography, however, I'm finding the optical tube limited in this area. The focuser that it comes with only has a 1.25" barrel which excludes the use of a coma corrector. I'm limited to only using planetary cameras. Visually the optics are great when collimated. completely free of chromatic aberrations and the eyepiece that this telescope comes with are decent. Nowing what I know now I would have purchased one of the SCT packages.