The Advanced VX 6-inch equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind. It provides many of the features found on German equatorial mounts at an affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh 30 lb or less. Track through long exposures with the Advanced VX, by using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip. You can also enjoy features like the All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support.
Take this portable mount to a dark sky site and experience the same quality as a larger stationary mount! The Celestron Advanced VX will serve you for a long time, whether you choose to do visual or imaging work- or both!
Enjoy the Features of the Celestron Advanced VX 6-inch Newtonian Telescope
NEWLY DESIGNED dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail CG-5 and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron's 6-inch (150 mm) Newtonian optical tube assembly, with its f/5 optical design, gives excellent wide-field views.
- The 6-inch Newtonian's parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance - provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motor's housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than generally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
More About Celestron's Optical Tube Assembly
The lightweight 6-inch Newtonian OTA offers up a wide field of view with a focal ratio of f/5. With 150 mm of light-gathering capability, you can travel out of the solar system and into deep-space! This reflecting telescope system, with its classic parabolic aluminized primary mirror, is a great way to enter the hobby. If you decide you want something a bit bigger or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 lb, you have plenty of options!
NEW dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow CG-5 dovetails and larger CGE dovetails.
- Celestron 6-inch Advanced Newtonian Telescope.
- f/5 Focal Ratio for wide-field views.
- Uninterrupted views across the Meridian.
- For use between 7 and 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ Hand Controller/ multiple language programming.
- Advanced VX Equatorial Mount.
PLEASE NOTE: The manufacturer has stated this mount unable to accept D-Style (Losmandy style) dovetail plates.