- Aperture: 8"
- Optics designed to correct Coma and Field Curvature!
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Allows Viewing or Imaging across the Meridian
- Latitude Range 7 to 77 degrees
- Increased Memory
- the NexStar+ Hand Control offers Multiple Language Programming
- 2 Year Warranty!
Celestron 8" EdgeHD Advanced VX Telescope
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work - or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly...
The 8" f/10 EdgeHD optical tube assembly is an aplanatic telescope designed to reduce off-axis coma, be abberation-free, and provide a flat focal plane all the way across the edge of the field of view for stunning results whether being used visually or photographically. This Fastar-compatible telescope has enhanced mechanical features like mirror clutches and tube vents. The mirror clutches help reduce image shift as the tube is rotated around the mount, and tube vents allow hot air to be released from around the primary mirror to speed up cooling time without introducing dust into the system.
The f/10 focal ratio of the Celestron 8" EdgeHD telescope is great for visual work and higher powered planetary photography. Add an optional focal reducer or Fastar lens to the system and voila, your telescope is now optimized for imaging wide field objects with a CCD or DSLR camera!
- The Celestron 8" EdgeHD optics are designed to correct for coma and field curvature, producing a truly flat field that astro-imagers love!
- The 8" EdgeHD includes Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Built-in tube vents assist in cool-down while keeping dust out with 60 micron mesh filtering.
- EdgeHD optics are Fastar-compatible. The secondary mirror is removable for super-fast f/2.8 imaging.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
OPT Product Number: CE-12031
- Celestron 8" Edge HD Advanced VX Telescope
- Eyepiece: 40mm Plossl/ 51x mag.
- Finderscope: 9x50 Optical
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2" Stainless Steel Legs
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 12 lbs.
- Motor Drive: Equatorial Mount/ GoTo
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: NexStar+ /Database of 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- 2 Year Warranty