- Aperture: 8"
- Optics designed to correct Coma and Field Curvature!
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Allows Viewing or Imaging across the Meridian
- NexStar+ Hand Control offers Multiple Language Programming
Celestron 8" EdgeHD Advanced VX Telescope
- Telescope Aperture: 8"
- Telescope Focal Ratio: f/10
- Telescope Focal Length: 2032
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT Coatings
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye: 843x
- Telescope Counterweights Included: 1 @ 12 lb
- Telescope Tripod Included: Yes
- Diagonal Included: Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included: Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included
- Finder Included: Yes - 9 x 50 Finder Included
- Telescope Power Adapter Included: Yes - DC Adapter Included
- Focuser Style: Internal Moving Primary
- Focuser Size: Internal Focuser with 1.25" Rear Cell Adapter
- Focuser Speed: Single Speed
- Telescope Mount Type: Equatorial
- Telescope Mount Weight Capacity: 30 lbs.
- Objects in Telescope Database: 40,000+
- Telescope Latitude Range: 7 – 77 degrees
- Telescope Power Source: DC
- Telescope OTA Length: 17 in.
- Telescope OTA Weight: 14 lbs.
- Telescope Mount Weight: 17 lbs.
- Telescope Tripod Weight: 18 lbs.
- Telescope Warranty Period: 2 years
Celestron 8" EdgeHD Optical Tube Specifications:
- Aperture: 8"
- Optical Design: Celestron's proprietary EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (51x)
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9 x 50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CG-5 Advanced Series VX Mount
Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount Specifications:
- Payload: 30 lb
- Tracking: Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction
- Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel w/ Adjustable Legs
- Dovetail Type: Vixen V-Style
- Hand Controller: NexStar Plus w/ LCD Display
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Modes: EQ North, EQ South, Off
- Motor Type: Low-cog DC Servo Motors w/ Encoders on Both Axes
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1118 - 1626 mm (44 - 64")
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures: 2-star, 1-star, Solar system, Quick-align, Last-align
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition
- Counterweight: One 12 lb Counterweight is included
- Tripod Weight: 18 lb
- Mount Head Weight: 17 lb
- Total Weight, Including Counterweight: 46 lb
Equipped with GoTo and EdgeHD optic technology, this sophisticated yet affordable and portable Celestron 8" EdgeHD Advanced VX Telescope yields optimal imaging performance through long exposure tracking and a large latitudinal range, while also delivering high-definition astroimages.
Permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear and greatly improves long exposure tracking while Imaging across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, will have you seamlessly imaging the best part of the night sky
Edge HD optics not only creates rounder/ more pleasing stars but improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron EdgeHD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget!
Experienced imagers and amateur astronomers alike will love taking this portable Telescope to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. Whether you wish to do visual or imaging work, you can rest easy knowing that this Telescope will serve you for a long time to come.
- Mirror Support Knobs- flexible Tension Clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount.
- Tube Vents- Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. The vents are outfitted with an integrated 95-micron mesh filter.
- Fastar Versatility- all EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories.
- Brighter Star Images- light becomes more concentrated when focused precisely. This maximizes image brightness.
- GoTo Technology- fully automated mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects will automatically locate and track objects for you
- Updated Industrial Design- offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics
- Large Latitudinal Range- can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude
- Improved Motors- offer more torque for optimal tracking performance and provide more power to overcome minor load imbalances.
- Celestron 8" Edge HD Advanced VX Telescope
- Eyepiece: 40mm Plossl/ 51x mag.
- Finderscope: 9x50 Optical
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2" Stainless Steel Legs
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter, 12 lb (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lb
- Motor Drive: Equatorial Mount/ GoTo
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: NexStar+ /Database of 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can you recommend an autoguider setup for this telescope (CE-12031)?
Ideally, an off-axis guider setup like the CE-93648 will give you the most consistent guiding and keep the weight down on the mount. If you would rather use a guide scope, the Celestron 80mm kit CE-52309 plus a CGE style dovetail CE-94216 (and extra coun
Does this OTA use the same 6.3 focal reducer that the C6 uses?
The Celestron 8" Edge HD has a different reducer. The right one is CE-94242