- High contrast views of planets and bright deep-sky objects
- 2" Focuser includes a 1.25" adapter
- Uninterrupted views across the meridian
- Can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude
- NexStar+ Hand Controller/ multiple language programming
- FASTAR Compatible
Celestron 6" Refractor Advanced VX Telescope
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount which they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work -or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly...
The Celestron 6" f/8 achromatic refractor is a sight to behold. The telescope itself is glossy black, and while your skies may not be glossy, they will be black as night when you gaze through your Celestron 6" refractor. High contrast views are your reward when you choose a refractor as your optical weapon of choice. Unlike other optical designs, like a Newtonian or Schmidt-Cassegrain, the refractor has no secondary mirror obstruction. This feature results in brighter views per inch of aperture, as well as higher contrast. The optical tube assembly comes with a 2" rack and pinion focuser with 1.25" adapter, as well as a 9x50 finder to help you find your way.
- Celestron's 6" Refractor yields high contrast views of the planets and bright deep-sky objects.
- The 2" rack and pinion focuser comes with a 1.25" adapter, allowing the use of both 2" and 1.25" accessories.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance - provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
OPT Product Number: CE-22020
- 6" Achromatic Refractor OTA
- VX Advanced Mount
- Tripod with adjustable 2-inch steel legs
- Accessory Tray
- 20mm Plossl Eyepiece
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- Car battery adapter/ DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- 2 Counterweights, 11 lb each
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
We need to connect the telescope to a wall outlet, what do we need to buy_
The Advanced VX mount pulls up to 3.5 amps at maximum slew, so you need the Celestron #18780 5 amp AC power supply, which runs $59.95.
Is the objective on the 6" refractor multicoated?
Yes. Celestron has been providing fully multicoated optics on their 150mm f/8 refractors since the refractor was first released on the older CG-5 mount.
Can you please inform whether the OTA is of doublet type Achromatic optical design? It is Achromat but not mentioned in the description that it is any type of doublet design or not.
The 6" f/8 Celestron C6R is an achromatic doublet with one crown element and one flint element.
Can you recommend an alternative focuser for this telescope? I will be attaching a DLSR camera for astrophotography.
A Feathertouch FTF2025BCR would make a great upgrade (https://www.optcorp.com/si-ftf2025bcr-feathertouch-dual-speed-rotatable-2inch-focuser.html). You would also need an adapter - likely the A20-292 - but please contact us so we can get some measurements