The Celestron PowerTank 17 keeps your equipment powered up during those long observing sessions in remote locations or in your backyard. It features a 12v, 17 amp hour power supply to last you through the night and then some! It also features multifunctions that make it a basic need as an emergency power source.
The 17Ah PowerTank includes a built-in AM-FM radio (just in case you get lonely on a long observing run), as well as built-in jumper cables. There is also a built-in circuit breaker in the unit and separate on-off switches for the battery and flashlights.
Special Features of the 17AH PowerTank
- Built-in handle for easier moving around.
- Its compact size makes it highly portable!
- Two 12V output cigarette lighter ports. Its built-in cover keeps dirt and moisture out when the port is not in use.
- Three 5 mm pin-jack outlets for operating accessories (1 amp max), which includes, a 3V, a 6V, and a 9V.
- A built-in flashlight with a red filter cap. It will come in handy during after-dark set-ups!
Since this battery is rechargeable, Celestron has also included a 110V AC recharger. A DC power cord is included, meant exclusively for Celestron telescopes. If you plan to use this power source on a Meade scope, you will still need a #607 (or equivalent) DC power cord.
Celestron Product Number: 18777