- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Collects 41 percent more light than a 9.25-inch
- Celestron StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Uninterrupted Views Across the Meridian
- Latitude Range: 7 to 77 Degrees
- NexStar+ hand controller/ multiple language programming
Celestron 11" SCT Advanced VX Telescope
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount which they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work - or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly...
The 11" f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly is the largest telescope choice in the Advanced VX line. If delving as deeply as you can into the Universe is your cup of tea, then you need aperture, and the Celestron 11" SCT has got that in spades! The f/10 focal ratio is classic when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography, and when it comes time to do some wide-field deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer or FASTAR/Hyperstar will reduce the focal length down admirably.
- Celestron's 11" Schmidt Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 41 percent more light than a 9.25" telescope.
- The 11" SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance - provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- the Computer Hand Control is a Celestron NexStar+ with a 16 character Liquid Crystal Display, 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, a database with 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects, enhanced information on over 200 objects, and an internal clock.
OPT Product Number: CE-12067
- Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Mount: Computerized/ GoTo/ Equatorial
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2" Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- Eyepiece: 1x 40mm Plossl/ 70x mag.
- Finderscope: 9x50 Optical
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter, 12 lb (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 3 x 11 lb
- 2 Years Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.