The new generation of Baader CMOS-optimized filters features:
- Baader SLOAN-i' Bandpass Filter, suitable from f/15 to f/1.8
- SLOAN/SDSS ugriz’ photometric filter with transmission according to SLOAN-specification
- Manufactured with most advanced ion beam coating technology / Daylight-Proof
- Reflex-Blocker™ hard coated and planeoptically polished – with sealed coating edges (Life-Coat™)
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a telescope-sided black outer rim
- Equally suitable for modern CMOS cameras as well as for older CCD camera technologies
- Reflex-Blocker™ coatings, for largest ever freedom from halos, even under most adverse conditions concerning aux-optics
- Identical filter thickness to existing standards, with utmost care for parfocality
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a telescope-sided black outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate)
- Life-Coat™: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life – even in a most adverse environment
Life-Coat™: Limited-Lifetime-Warranty for CMOS-optimized Baader filters
A Baader Planetarium exclusive. Filters incorporating Baader Planetarium’s Life-Coat™ technology are so durable that Baader Planetarium warrants the coatings for the life of the filter. Baader Planetarium has developed Life-Coat™ using materials and processes that result in coatings which will not degrade or fail for a lifetime. Life-Coat™ coatings resist moisture, temperature extremes, and are hardened to withstand normal cleanings.
Baader Planetarium guarantees their Life-Coat™ coatings will not peel, flake or physically degrade and will withstand repeated cleaning with fine optical cleaning equipment. The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser and does not cover failure from mis-use, physical damage through improper handling, or improper cleaning.
To make a warranty claim, simply contact your retailer where you purchased the filter with proof of purchase (commercial invoice) and a detailed failure description. The dealer will then advise of the next steps.