Baader Premium Six-Piece Color Filter Set - 1.25" Round Mounted
The Premium Six Piece Color Filter Set - 1.25-Inch by Baader Planetarium:
Baader Planetarium astronomy filters by far supersede the mediocre quality of common flame polished color filters. A fine optical polish and 2 mm thick glass allows these filters to be inserted anywhere into the optical path without introducing astigmatism or other defects. For instance, they can be used in front of a binocular viewer without degrading the image in any way. Substrates are free of striae and plane-parallel polished to within 30 seconds of arc. This eliminates any double images or ghosting due to wedge errors in the glass.
The complete set of Baader color filters comprises three long pass and three genuine bandpass filters, which act similar to a nebula filter, so that only a small portion of the visual spectrum is transmitted to emphasize certain planetary surface detail. The set includes the following filters:
- Dark blue (435 nm)
- Bright blue (470 nm)
- Green (500 nm)
- Yellow (495 nm)
- Orange (570 nm)
- Red (610 nm)
The filter cell features the largest clear aperture of any telescope filter on the market for complete freedom from vignetting at any focal length. The front crown incorporates milled notches, which makes handling and threading the filter an easy operation in the dark. All surfaces are treated with a 7-layer Multi-Coating, featuring a mere 0.25-percent residual reflection. It is the most elaborate coating ever applied onto amateur color filters, resulting in a filter free of any false reflections under any incident angle of light. Light is the hottest commodity for all planetary observation. Especially during high magnification work, whether you have enough light or not is the deciding factor for the recognition of the subtlest planetary surface detail, much more important than a horde of different filters of mediocre execution. Less is more: 7-layer MC-coatings not only provide a brighter image, they prevent the softening effect of scattered light! Scattered light kills exactly those subtle features in planetary detail that you are longing to see. Painstaking attention to coatings and perfect optical figuring are simple reasons why the image contrast through these premium filters is so rock-solid.
Baader Planetarium Premium Six Piece Color Filter Set Features:
- Freedom from ghost images, even when stacked.
- Striae-free substrates are polished parallel to within 30 seconds of arc to avoid wedge errors.
- Finest 7-layer hard multi-coatings on both faces feature 0.25-percent residual reflections (Baader filters are unique, no other colored filter incorporates anti-reflection multi-coatings).
- Extremely high transmission results in maximum contrast and isolation of planetary details, even with smaller telescopes.
- Efficiencies of the three long pass filters (Red, Orange, and Yellow) peaks at 98-percent, and efficiencies of the three bandpass filters (Green, Blue, Dark Blue) achieve 70-percent.
- Carefully designed spectral characteristics. Filters may be stacked without image degradation or ghosting, in order to provide even narrower pass bands. Or, combine with any of the other Baader filters for interesting possibilities.
- No reduction in sharpness, even at high magnifications or when using the filter far ahead of the focal plane (i.e. digital imaging, or in front of a diagonal or binoviewer).
- With the 2-inch size, only one filter is needed for binoviewing. Only Baader colored filters have the optical quality necessary for use this far ahead of the focal plane.
OPT Product Number: BA-FCFS-1
|Kit Contains||Bright Blue/ Dark Blue/ Green/ Orang/ Red/ Yellow|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|