Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass EOS Clip Filter: Astronomik's family of ProPlanet IR-pass filters welcomes a new member. The Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP (Bandpass) has an array of possible functions including daylight IR photography, high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and for beautiful astro-images of deep sky objects in H-Alpha regions.
This is an EOS APS-C Clip filter.
Fits: Doesn't fit:
Compatible Canon EOS Bodies: 7D, 7D MkII,
20D, 20Da, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 60Da, 70D, 77D, 80D,
300D/ Digital Rebel/ Kiss Digital,
350D/ Digital Rebel XT/ Kiss Digital N,
400D/ Digital Rebel XTi/ Kiss Digital X,
450D/ Rebel XSi/ Kiss X2,
500D/ Rebel T1i/ Kiss X3,
550D/ Rebel T2i/ Kiss X4,
600D/ Rebel T3i/ Kiss X5,
650D/ Rebel T4i/ Kiss X6,
700D/ Rebel T5i/ Kiss X7,
750D/ Rebel T6i/ Kiss X8,
760D/ Rebel T7i/ Kiss X9,
1000D/ Rebel XS/ Kiss F,
1100D/ Rebel T3/ Kiss X50,
1200D, 1300D, 2000D, 4000D, 100D, and 200D.
This filter provides a 200nm spectral window from 642nm to 842nm. Unlike ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, the 642 will obstruct the longer infrared. While this gives you three filter options of imaging in the IR, many times the Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP will be the ideal option for the highest quality image.
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP Filter Highlights: The Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP acts as three filters in one! This filter can be a great asset for daylight IR-imaging with a digital camera, lessening seeing effects and improving contrast when utilized for lunar and planetary imaging, and as a low cost option for those who want to begin astrophotography of deep sky objects in H-Alpha areas.
- High contrast images with excellent interpretation of colors
- Clear "Wood-Effect" images
- Longer IR hot spot eliminated
- Short exposure times, similar to normal VIS-imaging
- Ideal option for infrared video
High resolution lunar and planetary imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Sufficient reduction of seeing effects
- Heightened contrast
- Longer IR blocking provides razor sharp images with no ghosting
Deep-sky astrophotography of H-Alpha regions:
- Peak transmission of the H-alpha line at 656nm
- Approximately 40nm FWHM with astro-modified DSLR cameras
- Incredible contrast despite light polluted environments or moonlight
- Low cost filter for those interested in getting started with H-alpha imaging
- Effortless focusing through camera display and LiveView!
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass EOS Clip Filter Specifications...
- Higher than 96% transmission for wavelengths of 642nm to 840nm
- Intercepts wavelengths between 350nm and 630nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- 1mm glass thickness
- Entirely resistant to high humidity, scratches, and aging impact
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are presented in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 Astronomik filters have featured a completely new design. Halos and bizarre reflections are a thing of the past.
About the Astronomik Clip Filter System...
Constructed of black anodized aluminum, this patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System has laser-cut on advanced, modernized machines. Takes only seconds to insert straight into the EOS camera body. No changes required. All lens operations (focus, screen, image stabilization) are still functional!
Nearly all Canon system lenses (save for the EF-S series) and every M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be utilized with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. It also doubles as an effective way of shielding dust from possibly getting on the sensor in the midst of long exposures. (The MC-Clear filter does not feature a filter effect and is only useful as a dust shield).
Astronomik Product Number: P642-EOS