Astronomik OIII EOS-XL Filter
The Astronomik OIII filter has been very specifically designed for the visual observation of gaseous and planetary nebulae. The extremely narrow pass band of the two OIII lines brings a substantial contrast gain to these lines even under best observation conditions. On faint super nova remnants and faint planetary nebulae the Astronomik OIII filter will often make the difference as to whether the object can bee seen or not!
- Visual observation (dark skies): Very good, huge contrast enhancement at O III-emission nebulas
- Visual observation (urban skies): Very good, huge contrast enhancement at O III-emission nebulas
- Film photography: It depends, very long exposure time
- CCD photography: Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- DSLR photography (original): Very good, huge contrast enhancement at O III-emission nebulas
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, huge contrast enhancement at O III-emission nebulas
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Reasonable, if light pollution is a big problem and OIII Objects are beeing observed
- Transmission of nearly 100% of both OIII lines
- Complete blocking of all disturbing wavelength coverages
- The ideal filter for telescopes 10-inch (25 cm) and larger
- Main operational use: Planetary nebulas and super nova remnants
- No moisture-sensitivity, no aging, and totally scratch-proof
- Excellent carrier material - substrate is optically polished. The optical performance (resolution and contrast) of your telescope is not reduced in any way by the filter.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
Manufacturer Product Number: OIII-EOSXL
Please Note: Clip-Filters:
Clip-in EOS XL filters are for these Canon Full-Format Cameras: 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, and 6D. (5D Mark I will work without LiveView only)
The Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mark II, 5DS, 5DSR, the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView in the Canon 5D Mk I.