The Visual CLS Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Round Unmounted by Astronomik:
The Astronomik Visual CLS is a light pollution filter for black & white and color imaging of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters.
The Astronomik Visual CLS blocks the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps and lets the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass. All the important emission lines, as well as the spectral region that the very well dark adapted eye can see, can pass through the filter.
The are optimized for use with filter to telescope aperture ratios of 1:3 to 1:15. Staying within these ratios assures that all aberration and comma are avoided. The CLS filter is suitable for use with telescopes of all aperture sizes and even works well with binoculars.
The Astronomik Visual CLS Light Pollution Filter is good for use under both dark and urban skies for reducing light pollution made by mercury-vapor lamps. For film photography and modified DSLR use, the CLS filter gives good performance and near perfect color balance. While this filter does perform well with webcam and video equipment under light polluted skies, it is not suitable for planetary use.
Astronomik Visual CLS Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Round Unmounted Features.
- 92-percent transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92-percent transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92-percent transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97-percent transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
OPT Product Number: AK-CLS-50R