The Astronomik CLS (City Light Suppression) Filter: is a perfect solution for dealing with light pollution when imaging or observing the night sky. This light pollution filter blocks the light coming from mercury and sodium-vapor lamps that are extremely common in modern society. While these wavelengths are blocked, the light coming from nebulae, stars, and galaxies is preserved for our viewing pleasure. These Astronomik Clip Filters are also extremely convenient because the entire installation process is simply clipping the filter onto the camera. No matter if you’re at a dark site or in the city, having a light pollution filter will improve your experience.
This is an EOS APS-C Clip filter.
Fits: Doesn't fit:
Compatible Canon EOS Bodies: 7D, 7D MkII,
20D, 20Da, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 60Da, 70D, 77D, 80D,
300D/ Digital Rebel/ Kiss Digital,
350D/ Digital Rebel XT/ Kiss Digital N,
400D/ Digital Rebel XTi/ Kiss Digital X,
450D/ Rebel XSi/ Kiss X2,
500D/ Rebel T1i/ Kiss X3,
550D/ Rebel T2i/ Kiss X4,
600D/ Rebel T3i/ Kiss X5,
650D/ Rebel T4i/ Kiss X6,
700D/ Rebel T5i/ Kiss X7,
750D/ Rebel T6i/ Kiss X8,
760D/ Rebel T7i/ Kiss X9,
1000D/ Rebel XS/ Kiss F,
1100D/ Rebel T3/ Kiss X50,
1200D, 1300D, 2000D, 4000D, 100D, and 200D.
Well-suited for most applications
Grabbing a light pollution filter is guaranteed to improve your imaging and/or viewing capabilities in almost every situation. Whether you decide to do some photography or record video, this filter can be used. For the various conditions this could be used in, refer to the list below for ideal performance:
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, to reduce light pollution by mercury-vapor lamps (streetlight)
- Visual observation (urban skies): Good, a UHC-E or UHC filter is more suitable
- Film photography: Very good, color balance is near perfect CCD photography: Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- DSLR photography (original): Good, colour balance shifted but contrast enhanced
- DSLR photography (astro-modified): Very good, color balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Very good, if light pollution is a big problem
Exceptional Filter Design
The Astronomik Clip-Filter design is comprised of black anodized aluminum and is laser-cut for extreme precision. These filters were created with the intent of being a catch-all for each respective camera manufacturer, with one size per brand fitting most cameras in their line. Once you get your hands on one of these, you’ll be excited to see how easy it is to install. Just clip it in as the name states, and you’re good to go!
Astronomik CLS Light Pollution Filter Main Features
- 92-percent transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92-percent transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92-percent transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97-percent transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540nm and beyond 650nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!