CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS M.
Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter
This CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras, which have been remodeled for astronomical use. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/2 and above.
Good for 30 second exposureswith JPEG data directly out of the camera without any further processing.(Standard setting use: Canon EOS M3 MC-modified, ISO 1600, at 12/2.0)
This filter will completely block emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor), as well as airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even under extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25-inch and 2-inch socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, to reduce light pollution by mercury-vapor lamps (streetlight).
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, an UHC-E or UHC filter is more suitable.
- Film photography: Very good, color balance is near perfect.
- CCD photography: Very good, optimized rejection of light pollution.
- DSLR photography (original): Good, color balance shifted but contrast enhanced.
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, color balance is near perfect.
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, color balance is near perfect.
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable.
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Very good, if light pollution is a big problem.
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta).
- 95% transmission at 496nm (O-iii).
- 95% transmission at 501nm (O-iii).
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha).
- pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
- Glass thickness: 1 .mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects.
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box.
- Since 2008 Astronomik filters have a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past.