- Spectral profile designed after Sloan Digital Sky Survey
- Peak transmission guaranteed 95%
- 1/4-wave propagated wavefront prior to coating
- Parfocal with all Astrodon filters
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Astrodon Sloan Photometric Y2 Telescope Filter
The Sloan Digital Sky Survey photometric system is the most common research filter set used today. It was designed to include five mostly non-overlapping filters covering 300nm to 1100nm on the electromagnetic spectrum, which best matches the sensitivity range of digital sensors.
Astrodon's Y photometric telescope filter, has a peak transmission of 90% and allows wavelengths between 950nm and 1058nm to pass.
- Photometric Y Telescope Filter